NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I think defending Debuchy in any way by throwing in a 17 year old in his first prem season is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Like me saying I beat my son in an arm wrestling competition.

Shaw isn't massively quick, he's average at best and at 17 is miles away from knowing where to be positioned, marking, decisions all that shit which comes in time, so please, a France international destroyed a 17 year old as a comeback is tragic.  :lol:

I think defending Debuchy in any way by throwing in a 17 year old in his first prem season is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Shaw isn't massively quick, he's average at best and at 17 is miles away from knowing where to be positioned, marking, decisions all that shit which comes in time, so please, a France international destroyed a 17 year old as a comeback is tragic.  :lol:

Are you serious? Everyone was raving about Shaw last season and how brilliant he was.

He was bang average.

My main concern is that is he isn't the quickest and given that he likes to get forward it results in him being out of position quite a lot. This is a problem when our central midfielders are too thick/lazy to fill and cover for him.

He's also petulant but that's not going to change.

All our january signings were average. All of them had two or three good games but other than that they were very average.

He was bang average.

My main concern is that is he isn't the quickest and given that he likes to get forward it results in him being out of position quite a lot. This is a problem when our central midfielders are too thick/lazy to fill and cover for him.

All our january signings were average. All of them had two or three good games but other than that they were very average.

Course they were, but it's enough thing entirely to say that reflects their true ability as players. From top to bottom, almost everyone had a shocker.

He was bang average.

Course they were, but it's enough thing entirely to say that reflects their true ability as players. From top to bottom, almost everyone had a shocker.

:thup:

Are you serious? Everyone was raving about Shaw last season and how brilliant he was.

Are you fucking serious, or is this just you wanting a 'conversation' ?

I'm serious, Shaw had a brilliant season. Didn't he?

Shaw isn't massively quick, he's average at best and at 17 is miles away from knowing where to be positioned, marking, decisions all that s*** which comes in time, so please, a France international destroyed a 17 year old as a comeback is tragic.  :lol:

Your posts were easy to construe in the manner that has so aggrieved you because of how they were written.

You - He's too Slow

Forum - No he's not

You - Yes he is got raped by rose.

Forum - What about Shaw?

Pace was clearly what was in discussion on a simple reading. You have brought in all the stuff about positioning etc and said that it's ridiculous for people to cite Shaw as an example.

Not surprising he did nothing against Rose when all we did was lump the ball up to him all game :lol:

It was like we was playing Shola at RB ffs.

Don't mean to constantly defend him but some of the things being said at the sake of backing up an argument are a bit silly tbh.

Got to side with Ian on this one. Shaw had a good season and is pacy as fuck in comparison to Debuchy. Plus it was Debuchy's first time in english football. I think it's harsh to judge any of our January signings fully as they were thrown into a shit situation. Would be better to judge them after this season as they would of had a full pre-season and they gained experience of the final half of last.

Shaw did well for his age and experience, to judge a player a decade older with a decade more experience against him is pointless, you just don't have that level of consistency or mental awareness and will always have off days and learning experiences. He destroyed a 17 year old...and? So he fucking should.

Shaw isn't massively quick, he's average at best and at 17 is miles away from knowing where to be positioned, marking, decisions all that s*** which comes in time, so please, a France international destroyed a 17 year old as a comeback is tragic.  :lol:

Your posts were easy to construe in the manner that has so aggrieved you because of how they were written.

You - He's too Slow

Forum - No he's not

Forum - What about Shaw?

Pace was clearly what was in discussion on a simple reading. You have brought in all the stuff about positioning etc and said that it's ridiculous for people to cite Shaw as an example.

Shaw isn't fast. He's average like Debuchy.

TBF to Debuchy, he wasn't really RAPED by Rose, I remember very well that he was one of two or three players that had an average game that day compared to the rest who were abysmal.

If anything Debuchy was only really raped ONCE this season and that was against Liverpool where I think he had a worse game than any right back I've seen have at this club for a long long time. Not sure he's going to be the solution to our problems, but I'm happy to have Debuchy. I think it's more down to the managers inability to instruct certain players to cover positions. Look at Brazil, Marcelo and Dani Alves are terrible defenisvely but when Luiz Gustavo falls back there is defensive cover on the flanks.

You - He's too Slow

Forum - No he's not

Forum - What about Shaw?

Shaw isn't fast. He's average like Debuchy.

The little I've seen from Shaw he seems like a very pacey left-back. Might be wrong though.

Got to side with Ian on this one. Shaw had a good season and is pacy as fuck in comparison to Debuchy. Plus it was Debuchy's first time in english football. I think it's harsh to judge any of our January signings fully as they were thrown into a shit situation. Would be better to judge them after this season as they would of had a full pre-season and they gained experience of the final half of last.

Hang on, go back a bit and you'll see I said exactly that, if he stays he'll have a much better season next time out, doesn't stop him being awful last season, and still has no pace.

Are you f***ing serious, or is this just you wanting a 'conversation' ?

Shaw did well for his age and experience, to judge a player a decade older with a decade more experience against him is pointless, you just don't have that level of consistency or mental awareness and will always have off days and learning experiences. He destroyed a 17 year old...and? So he f***ing should.

But you're talking exclusively about pace? Your Rose example wasn't good anyway, there are a select few players in the league that could beat Rose in a foot race when chasing a ball.

TBF to Debuchy, he wasn't really RAPED by Rose, I remember very well that he was one of two or three players that had an average game that day compared to the rest who were abysmal.

If anything Debuchy was only really raped ONCE this season and that was against Liverpool where I think he had a worse game than any right back I've seen have at this club for a long long time. Not sure he's going to be the solution to our problems, but I'm happy to have Debuchy. I think it's more down to the managers inability to instruct certain players to cover positions. Look at Brazil, Marcelo and Dani Alves are terrible defenisvely but when Luiz Gustavo falls back there is defensive cover on the flanks.

He was torn apart by rosé, destroyed, arse handed to him on a plate. Couldn't get past him, bullied off the ball, out thought, out fought, out paced and rose went past him with ease whenever he felt like. I'm glad I didn't see his Liverpool performance, I'd probably want him sold.

BTW he is slow but i don't find that to be an issue, many defenders are slow in this league yet still great.

Colo is slow as a snail yet we all love him :lol:

Anyway much of his so called poor performances are massively exaggerated IMO.

Majority of games he performed well, yes he was crap against Sunderland and Liverpool but so was every f*cker on the pitch and he was far from the worst culprits on both those days.

Are you f***ing serious, or is this just you wanting a 'conversation' ?

Shaw did well for his age and experience, to judge a player a decade older with a decade more experience against him is pointless, you just don't have that level of consistency or mental awareness and will always have off days and learning experiences. He destroyed a 17 year old...and? So he f***ing should.

But you're talking exclusively about pace? Your Rose example wasn't good anyway, there are a select few players in the league that could beat Rose in a foot race when chasing a ball.

Again I mentioned pace then others brought the performances of shaw in to it, not just pace, I just followed up.

A 17 year old who's had an excellent season - what's that got to do with pace?

Hang on, go back a bit and you'll see I said exactly that, if he stays he'll have a much better season next time out, doesn't stop him being awful last season, and still has no pace.

He's slower than I thought he'd be that's for sure but not sure he was ever truely match-fit last season. He seemed to have a lot of hamstring injuries before we signed him and then when he arrived I think he missed the odd game or two with knocks.

Plus I think once he gets used to the pace of the league and learns who the players are that he's up against he should be able to cope better than he did the end of last year.

BTW he is slow but i don't find that to be an issue, many defenders are slow in this league yet still great.

Colo is slow as a snail yet we all love him :lol:

Anyway much of his so called poor performances are massively exaggerated IMO.

Majority of games he performed well, yes he was crap against Sunderland and Liverpool but so was every f*cker on the pitch and he was far from the worst culprits on both those days.

Slow central defenders are totally different to slow fullbacks, wingers are usually pacy, you get all sorts of strikers which is why colo is so good because his all round game is top class.

He always looked like France's best player during the Euros. Having seen him perform well in international football I'd rather we tried to match the football he's used to than judge him on Pardew's strange looking teams.