NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

@lee_ryder: #nufc sources saying that no firm bid for Thauvin has been made at this stage . Only interest at the moment say Lille.

"Monitored"

Monitored 3 days before the window slam shut, ffs :lol:

Not to mention a player who wants to stay in France. Oh yes, we should definitely take this one seriously...

Guest Roger Kint

@lee_ryder: #nufc sources saying that no firm bid for Thauvin has been made at this stage . Only interest at the moment say Lille.

"Monitored"

If we had already got a striker in i would be ok with that bearing in mind the lad wont want to spend 6 months at Lille so could end up begging us by Monday. Then again we are pissing about on all fronts so its rightly laughable stuff.

Guest bimpy474

"Monitored"

If we had already got a striker in i would be ok with that bearing in mind the lad wont want to spend 6 months at Lille so could end up begging us by Monday. Then again we are pissing about on all fronts so its rightly laughable stuff.

I'm honestly convinced now, and i have never felt this before. But i do believe we aren't even trying to sign anyone. Absolutely no one.

I used to laugh at people who said that, now i'm humbled by my previous arrogance at it.

Guest Roger Kint

"Monitored"

I'm honestly convinced now, and i have never felt this before. But i do believe we aren't even trying to sign anyone. Absolutely no one.

I used to laugh at people who said that, now i'm humbled by my previous arrogance at it.

I was leaning towards it, i think Pardew's talk makes me believe we will sign someone but whether JFK is on that page.....

"Monitored"

It appears that way mate.

To be "scouting" players at this stage seems a bit of a joke to be honest.

"Monitored"

Don't think we'll sign any one of note.

My prediction is looking ominous.

Guest Roger Kint

Transfer summit to finally nail down our list of targets planned for Tuesday. Finally looks like we are going to get moving!

I reckon we will start proper bidding next Tuesday :lol:

Guest icemanblue

@ChronicleNUFC: Newcastle United scouting for Florian Thauvin http://t.co/4YKD7r1cAa #NUFC

Scouting FFS with three days left :lol: :anguish:

He'd have to be playing for us to scout him, like. Lee Ryder suddenly becomes a credible journalist when it's a negative story. :lol:

@ChronicleNUFC: Newcastle United scouting for Florian Thauvin http://t.co/4YKD7r1cAa #NUFC

Scouting FFS with three days left :lol: :anguish:

He'd have to be playing for us to scout him, like. Lee Ryder suddenly becomes a credible journalist when it's a negative story. :lol:

In fairness, It'd make sense for the club to leak the story of him being scouted to keep other interested parties away.

"Monitored"

I was pretty convinced we would end up with Gomis at least this window but I'd be surprised now tbh. The fact that we've never really pursued any other targets suggests that it was a half hearted effort at best.

Guest bimpy474

"Monitored"

I was pretty convinced we would end up with Gomis at least this window but I'd be surprised now tbh. The fact that we've never really pursued any other targets suggests that it was a half hearted effort at best.

It's certainly not looking good is it.

Gomis ideally would like to go to OM. Thauvin also wants to stay in France. It just seems strange that we are pursuing these guys unless there is concrete evidence that either is really serious about coming here.

Gomis ideally would like to go to OM. Thauvin also wants to stay in France. It just seems strange that we are pursuing these guys unless there is concrete evidence that either is really serious about coming here.

Wasn't Gomis tweeting loads about coming here? Thauvin does seem completely pointless though.

It's hard to know what to believe though.

Most of the news we get comes via these unnamed sources.