NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

One more player, plus Cabaye staying. Overall thats actually a good window but we'd have done it in the stupidest way possible. Made hard work of it.

If we can convince Thauvin to come, thats impressive.

We almost got relegated a few months ago, our squad is smaller and weaker, our best player doesn't want to play for us, we have had 3 terrible performances so far, and Pardew is still touting our players to fellow teams in the league.

In what universe is that a good window !!!!!

Well I agree that one more in still wouldnt make it a good window.  To me a good window would be Remy, Gomis and Ince (or players of a similar quality).

But as far as squad quality goes, its technically smaller but not weaker IMO..  Bringing in Remy strengthens us more than losing Simpson, Harper and Perch weakens us.  Simpson would get nowhere near the side since the january signings came in and Harper would have been 3rd choice keeper at best.  Perch is the only player of any value at all thats gone and theres no way he should have been ahead of the likes of Anita anyway.  Obviously at the moment its still a poor window though.

Guest neesy111

Absolute disgrace if we don't get at least two players in. It isn't even as if there haven't been decent players available.

It's about getting them over the line.  Seemingly we have a 10ft brickwall in front of ours.

One more player, plus Cabaye staying. Overall thats actually a good window but we'd have done it in the stupidest way possible. Made hard work of it.

If we can convince Thauvin to come, thats impressive.

We almost got relegated a few months ago, our squad is smaller and weaker, our best player doesn't want to play for us, we have had 3 terrible performances so far, and Pardew is still touting our players to fellow teams in the league.

In what universe is that a good window !!!!!

Smaller? technically, weaker?, no...  Bringing in Remy strengthens the team far more than losing Simpson, Harper and Perch weakens us.  Simpson would get nowhere near the side since the january signings came in and Harper would have been 3rd choice keeper at best.  Perch is the only player of any value at all thats gone and theres no way he should have been ahead of the likes of Anita anyway.  Obviously at the moment its still a poor window though.

:thup:

Early days but hopefully Dummett will step into Simpson's place as one of the four full backs.

Getting rid of Perch still seems completely pointless to me, would rather have 'lost out' on the £700k and let him leave for free in the summer.

Absolute disgrace if we don't get at least two players in. It isn't even as if there haven't been decent players available.

It's about getting them over the line.  Seemingly we have a 10ft brickwall in front of ours.

Must have told them to enter through those gates.

Yep.. Just annoying to see players like van Wolfswinkel go for decent fees and us not even compete. Even if he isn't our first choice, surely he is better than no-one?

Guest neesy111

Yep.. Just annoying to see players like van Wolfswinkel go for decent fees and us not even compete. Even if he isn't our first choice, surely he is better than no-one?

Yeap.  This is where I will say again, our transfer plan is completely flawed as it's either a few select players or no-one.  So the club is risking a relegation dogfight imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Chelsea and Liverpool have also been keeping tabs on Thauvin and Newcastle may yet discover their bid has been leaked to flush out other interested parties.

Until that bit's been determined I remain sceptical.

:lol: Its been a few hours since Chelsea signed a winger like

"other interested parties" doesn't mean just Chelsea though.

Are we reading the same thing as Chelsea comprise of 33% of the named clubs in your post :lol:

I was just talking normally, if you are going to start debating over 33% of what I said I will bow out.

Christ :lol:  I was clearly making a joke about Chelsea's transfers.

Joe doesn't like to work on a Sunday so it's today or Monday morning, and Joe doesn't like to work on a Monday morning due to hangovers so it's today , and Joe doesn't like to tarnish matchdays with daft transfer work.

Deserves a holiday iyam, only had about 700 of the last 730 days off the little workhorse!