NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I miss the fact we used to do a little bit of random transfer business - more than one deal done right out of the blue, completely taking this board by surprise. Now it's a tedious slog through hours and hours of ridiculous rumours about one or two players who will almost certainly not sign, without the hope that there's a surprise or two in the offing.

Sorry should have quoted Roger for that bit he stated...

"Aye lets ignore that the player has zero interest."

Though there must have been something said by the player.

Aye that's the i dont want to go abroad i'm too young bit.

Ah from the way he put it I thought it was club specific but I would guess at this stage the way things are for him he may conciser leaving France.

Aye, when does it get to the point that he wont be sold to another French team as that's Lille want and he has to accpet that. Will he give in and go abroad, i cant see him going back to Lille now whichever way it goes.

I think it aws OM he wanted to go to same as Gomis but it would seem they do not have the funds to sign him. Were the quotes from him about being to young to leave France not from last summer ?

Guest bimpy474

Ah from the way he put it I thought it was club specific but I would guess at this stage the way things are for him he may conciser leaving France.

Aye, when does it get to the point that he wont be sold to another French team as that's Lille want and he has to accpet that. Will he give in and go abroad, i cant see him going back to Lille now whichever way it goes.

I think it aws OM he wanted to go to same as Gomis but it would seem they do not have the funds to sign him. Were the quotes from him about being to young to leave France not from last summer ?

I read them very recently, i assume they were new ones, about the same thing but were in reference to us moving for him again last week or so.

I actually don't think we've even gone back in for him anyhoo. Just imo.

I read them very recently, i assume they were new ones, about the same thing but were in reference to us moving for him again last week or so.

I am sure they were old maybe January but yeah I don't think we are looking at him again even with his situation.

Guest bimpy474

I am sure they were old maybe January but yeah I don't think we are looking at him again even with his situation.

Fair enough, even if they are i cant see much would have changed in 6 months. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few days.

Fair enough, even if they are i cant see much would have changed in 6 months. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few days.

Sure I read £8m as a fee I am amazed there are not loads of offers even from just French clubs, looks as though he will have to stay put for now though.

The lack of any rumours flying around is unreal.  3 and a half days to go and it is silent.  I miss the days we were linked with about 5 different players a day, even though it was mostly all shit, at least it kept a bit of interest.

Few more potentially bullshit rumours about agreeing lower wage terms with Gomis but yeah your right. Think it's Gomis or nothing. In the past there would have been a faint chance we had a deal for a player or two kept quiet and we'd spring it out of the blue like Cabaye or Marveaux but not now, especially with Kinnear involved.

I agree. I am not convinced Gomis really wants a move that badly tbh, he could quite easily decide to stick around and take his chances in January. As for the flair players Pardew has mentioned, unless the club have done a good job of keeping it quiet, I don't see why we would have left it this late.

Guest bimpy474

Sure I read £8m as a fee I am amazed there are not loads of offers even from just French clubs, looks as though he will have to stay put for now though.

I've just read Lille want 13-15m euros, whatever that is in £'s. I reckon someone might nab him on loan if he really can't go back to Lille.

I've just read Lille want 13-15m euros, whatever that is in £'s. I reckon someone might nab him on loan if he really can't go back to Lille.

That is cheap think even OM could afford that

Guest bimpy474

And that's the problem as Lille are, as it stands refusing to sell to OM and only want to sell him abroad, hence the player going on strike as he doesn't want to go abroad. And i read there was something about Lille not paying him what they promised to.

And that's the problem as Lille are, as it stands refusing to sell to OM and only want to sell him abroad, hence the player going on strike as he doesn't want to go abroad. And i read there was something about Lille not paying him what they promised to.

Seems both club and player are acting like dicks, but he is under contract so they have the power. Refusing to sell to OM is fair enough but something has gota give and you would think we would test the water.

Guest bimpy474

Seems both club and player are acting like dicks, but he is under contract so they have the power. Refusing to sell to OM is fair enough but something has gota give and you would think we would test the water.

http://i.imgur.com/5PImu91.png

Someone suggested that a foreign club should buy him and let him go on loan to OM for a season, would make a whole lot of sense to me.

Guest bimpy474

Someone suggested that a foreign club should buy him and let him go on loan to OM for a season, would make a whole lot of sense to me.

Usually that would be Chelsea :lol:

We're in serious trouble if we don't sign anyone else this window. Fuck.

Not really. If we got rid of the smarmy git and got a proper manager we'd still have a chance to stay up.

But then there's the other issue of Mr 100+ BMI taking a festering dump on any ambition.

Guest bimpy474

We're in serious trouble if we don't sign anyone else this window. Fuck.

Not really. If we got rid of the smarmy git and got a proper manager we'd still have a chance to stay up.

But then there's the other issue of Mr 100+ BMI taking a festering dump on any ambition.

I think we have a squad that's not as good as some think, and not as bad as other think. Pretty average imo, my main worry is, if we struggle Pardew will crumble just like last season. And this time we won't have had Ba's goals at the start which gave us a big chunk of points that were vital for us in staying up.

Under pressure this bloke's terrible, i dread it if they don't get rid and it's left to run for a number of games with him in charge.