Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

Guest dogbeak

I'd be interested to know QPR's foul and yellow card stats prior to this game, then including it. Dirty bastards; typical Mark Hughes.

I remember the Henchoz sending off for pulling Martins down by the front and back of his shirt, Hughes reckoned it wasn't even a foul, feckin hate the bloke.

Was a disgrace when he was a player. 

My dad just said he broke Beardsley's cheekbone years ago and he said it was deliberate. Beardsley threatened to take him to court apparently.

neil ruddock, shirley?

neil ruddock, shirley?

Aye, think you're right.

Wasn't it very shortly after Keegan signed him. I seem to recall he missed the early part of that first season back in the Premier League.

in a pre season tournament?

I'd be interested to know QPR's foul and yellow card stats prior to this game, then including it. Dirty bastards; typical Mark Hughes.

I remember the Henchoz sending off for pulling Martins down by the front and back of his shirt, Hughes reckoned it wasn't even a foul, feckin hate the bloke.

My dad just said he broke Beardsley's cheekbone years ago and he said it was deliberate. Beardsley threatened to take him to court apparently.

Wasn't that Neil Ruddock?

Wasn't that Neil Ruddock?

Yeah, just looked it up.

Nice that. Also good to see BBC changed their photo caption here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16567154.stm

Someone posted it earlier and it said something about Ben Arfa frustrating the home crowd all afternoon.

:lol:

Glad they changed it. BBC Football has been abhorrent lately.

MOTD - technical errors/terrible punditry/bad commentary/poor editing. Live text - so many mistakes/lack of basic football knowledge. Picture choice (Ba in game he didn't play), shite. Just goes on and on, it seems.

The first twenty minutes appeared to combine the gameplan from the Man United game with the lackluster performance at Klanfield, we mixed it up without much success. Long balls were aimlessly punted to opposing players while the midfield looked sloppy in possession, credit to the back four for remining solid during this period.

The change in shape seemed to revitalise us, for that Pardew must take as much credit as criticism for the inital start. We seemed to change to a makeshift 4-3-3, Best on the left, Taylor central and Ben Arfa and Jonas floating between central and right flank positions. From that point on we looked far more comfortable on the ball and started to get some decent pass and move going.

The major concern for me was that we looked quite toothless for large parts of the game. The lack of movement from our main front man was embarrassing and while both Ben Arfa and Jonas looked dangerous, Best created and scored our only real chance of the game.