Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

Bit puzzled by why he seemed to try and shut up shop myself.

I thought it was a good move. For whatever reason, you were playing poorly and I think Pardew wanted to cut his losses and just ensure you didn't concede, and to his credit you didn't look like doing so.

I thought it was a good move. For whatever reason, you were playing poorly and I think Pardew wanted to cut his losses and just ensure you didn't concede, and to his credit you didn't look like doing so.

Whilst they were unlikely to score, we looked at our worst when he tried to 'close it out'. Baffling decision IMO.

Whilst they were unlikely to score, we looked at our worst when he tried to 'close it out'. Baffling decision IMO.

Personally I thought it was a good move in the sense of it gave QPR no encouragement whatsoever. I'm not saying in every game you should look to shut up shop but I thought you were poor today and Pardew may have just thought, well, may as well make sure nothing untoward goes on at the other end, and it didn't. You looked very safe; helped by QPR's lack of any cutting edge, I know.

As you put it earlier: poor game, awful opposition, 3 points, and that's the bottom line 'cos Stone Cold Alan Pardew said so.

Had we been playing against a team with a better striker it probably would have been a draw today. We looked poor at the beginning of the first half, in fact it was only after Cabaye's injury that we started to look good and that was only because we were forced into a 4-3-3 formation.

After the change we looked a lot more comfortable on the ball and we were able to dominate possession, especially in the second half where we were the better team. Hatem did well down the right and Best did ok as well, would have liked to see Obertan introduced in the last 20 mins and let Best play through the middle as Shola looked knackered at the end.

I haven't seen it mentioned but the number of fouls QPR committed was disgusting, especially in the first half where it was getting a bit stupid. Still that's what you expect from a team managed by Mark Hughes.

Interesting game and good result the only real downer being Cabaye's injury, fingers crossed it's not too bad.

I know what I mean. :lol: I thought he was right to do it really, just to see the game through. He probably saw QPR were shit but saw you were playing fairly shit as well, why risk giving QPR more space?

Either way it's minor details, the fact remains QPR were abhorrent and you pretty much had them at arm's length.

If Best really had to come off and Gosling/Perch on, I'd have brought on Obertan for Best and Gosling for R.Taylor, set up like this:

Krul

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Santon

Jonas  Guthrie  Gosling

HBA        Shola    Obertan

and tried to use Obertan's pace/HBA's ability to keep the ball in the QPR's half of the pitch.

Guest neesy111

Jonas nearly scored one of the funniest goals ever today btw. Paddy Kenny running is f***ing hilarious :lol:

Was the last player we needed in that situation :lol:

Guest neesy111

Jonas nearly scored one of the funniest goals ever today btw. Paddy Kenny running is f***ing hilarious :lol:

Aye would have been a beaut.  :lol: Ol' statto el twatto Wilkins was adamant Best's goal was the only shot target though?  ???

Raylor had one 1st half as a corner was given.

Aye would have been a beaut.  :lol: Ol' statto el twatto Wilkins was adamant Best's goal was the only shot target though?  ???

Raylor had one 1st half as a corner was given.

Aye, whats all this about, lass on SSN said we only had one shot on target too, stupid bitch.

Have to say their fans were good, the Atmosphere was pretty bad but I'm putting that down to the freezing weather and our rather average performance.

Their fans were chanting "is this a library?" or something to that extent and they guy next to me turned and shouted "at least its a library that won't get fucking relegated" :lol: