Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I can't help myself just chanting Papiss Demba Cisse when he scores, only the once like, drives Mrs Tisd crazy.

Class story about him, could you imagine meeting a footballing idol at age 4 or 7, amazing.

AP and Carr are clearly doing the homework about players, with a big focus on personality and attitude. It was clear in Hughton's time (and before clearly) we had too many influencial and vocal players.  I think Hughton was getting manipulated accordingly and this was ultimately a reason he lost his job.

The current squad however seems to be alot more united and without the players causing issues which distract from the focus on playing.

Long may it continue.

AP and Carr are clearly doing the homework about players, with a big focus on personality and attitude. It was clear in Hughton's time (and before clearly) we had too many influencial and vocal players.  I think Hughton was getting manipulated accordingly and this was ultimately a reason he lost his job.

The current squad however seems to be alot more united and without the players causing issues which distract from the focus on playing.

Long may it continue.

what? :lol:

Long may it continue.

Well, according to Golfmag, one of the reasons why Hughton was sacked was because he apparently was getting too close to his players. So...

Long may it continue.

I remember reading Keegan used to do the same.....wanted to buy players with the right character and attitude etc.....i think most worked out and Ginola loved the area (it was only the appointment of Dogleash that got rid of him)

Long may it continue.

Well, according to Golfmag, one of the reasons why Hughton was sacked was because he apparently was getting too close to his players. So...

Was because he became to the first PL manager in history to fail to get the squad to sign off on the bonus sheet. This is the culmination of all the other factors in the squad and his management style.

Guest Tyson

Long may it continue.

I remember reading Keegan used to do the same.....wanted to buy players with the right character and attitude etc.....i think most worked out and Ginola loved the area (it was only the appointment of Dogleash that got rid of him)

I agree with everything, except for the last bit. We dodged a bullet with Yuran, when KK smelt a rat when discussing terms.

But i hold no ill feeling towards Dalglish, concerning the twin sale of Ginola & Ferdinand.

Ginola, as much as he loved the area & soaked up the adoration of the supporters, was quietly p*ssed with the club & KK behind the scenes. Two switches to Barca (ie. dream moves for most footballers - the unlikely exception a locally bred, one-club player and they're a rare breed) had failed to materialise during the two previous Summers. The first we couldn't do anything about. PSG effectively granted us a pole-position seat in the chase chase for him, when Barca first had a crack at his signature. On PSG's part it was sort of Gentlemans Gesture of acknowledgment - because the PSG board knew that we were fuming over being used as a convenient makeweight to draw a bigger fee for Weah (from Milan). We were never in hunt for Weah, strung along all the way. Ginola was disappointed, but KK convinced him that it was the right move for him ie. we were an ambitious club, and the supporters would worship him. That speaks volumes for KK's ability as a salespitcher when sealing deals. After his first season here we knocked back a bid from Barca, and he was p*ssed off. Injuries played a part in his second year, but there were question marks hanging over his commitment. His mind was elsewhere, and it would've taken some excellent man-management (on Dalglish's part) to bring him back into the fold, mentally. It was the right move in hindsight ie. offloading him to Spurs.

Ferdinand's departure was largely Corbidge's (the consultant who commandeered the float) doing. Without getting into the absolute specifics, Ferdinand's summer sale was already earmarked, and that kicked off the mind-games that went on between KK and the board (with Corbidge in particular) which of course led to KK's eventual demise.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7684315/

Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse has urged the club to keep hold of key duo Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote during this summer's transfer window.

A number of the Magpies' star players are unsurprisingly attracting interest from elsewhere as the club close on crowning an impressive Premier League campaign with a place in Europe next season.

Ba and Tiote, as well as highly-rated goalkeeper Tim Krul, have been linked with moves to fellow top-flight clubs, with Chelsea and Tottenham thought to have an eye on the trio.

Cisse, who has made a big impact on Tyneside since his January arrival from German side SC Freiburg, scoring goals 10 goals in nine games, hopes Newcastle's key players remain at St James' Park over the summer so they can build on their successful campaign next season.

And on a more personal level, the 26-year-old admits the departures of Ba and Tiote would strike a blow after the African pair have helped him adapt to life at the Premier League club.

"Yes, I would be worried if they (Ba and Tiote) left, because they have helped me a lot," Cisse told the Northern Echo.

"It may affect me because of that, but at the end of the day that's football and if a big opportunity came along for them to move they can, but I would love for them to stay and play here longer, because we are doing very well together.

"It's down to Newcastle, they will do the right thing. At the end of the day I trust the club and they will do the right thing."

Drought

Cisse has replaced Senegal international team-mate Ba as Newcastle's man of the moment in recent weeks, with his compatriot having scored just once since his arrival, despite having netted 16 times beforehand in a superb debut season.

The striker believes Ba's drought is down to the system manager Alan Pardew has adopted, with the two frontmen functioning as part of a front three alongside Hatem Ben Arfa, and has backed the Toon's top scorer to break his duck in the near future.

"There's no rivalry between me and Demba," he said.

"He has scored more goals than me and he's opened up many doors for me. We are playing how the manager has asked us to play and sometimes that means Demba playing out wide and me playing more centrally as a striker.

"Sometimes we switch round and he goes to attack meaning I have to defend. He's really happy for me to score and I'm happy when he scores. He's gone a few games without scoring, but he will do it again very soon."

Guest Loven11

LEGENDARY Newcastle United No 9 Les Ferdinand reckons Papiss Cisse is doing his old shirt “justice” after the African’s flying start to his St James’ Park career.

Just like Cisse, Ferdinand wooed the Geordie public by netting 10 goals in his first nine matches in black and white.

Even though the Senegal international required a hat-trick against Stoke City today to keep pace with Sir Les’s explosive start, the popular Londoner would love to see him do exactly that.

In an exclusive interview with the Chronicle, Ferdinand said: “It is not anybody who can just come in and wear that No 9 shirt, but Cisse seems to be wearing it with much ease at the moment.

“Without a shadow of a doubt he is doing the shirt justice.

“He has come in and had a great start to the season.”

Ferdinand feels the Magpies have two strikers on board who would be capable of wearing the shirt and there are few better judges than the ex-England star who grabbed 49 goals in just two seasons on Tyneside.

With Demba Ba and Cisse in the team, there is still potential for a strike force as good as Ferdinand and Alan Shearer – who criminally only enjoyed one season together after the Magpies cashed in on one of the most popular players ever to play in the Premier League when Sir Les was sold to Tottenham in 1997.

Ferdinand only had the honour of wearing the No 9 for one season, with the sacred number passed on to Shearer as part of his £15m move from Blackburn.

However, Ferdinand has also heaped praise on Ba – a striker he feels could also wear the famous No 9.

He added: “Demba Ba had a great start to the season and was scoring goals.

“Everybody wondered why he did not wear the No 9 shirt.

“I know Alan Pardew was cautious about who he gave the number 9 to, but he would have been a worthy wearer of it too.

“Cisse has came in and they have given him the No 9 shirt. He has taken to it like a duck to water.

“His goals and his all-round playe make him look a threat every time he gets the ball.”

Ferdinand has always been one of football’s gentlemen, and despite scoring 211 goals in his career in total, he believes Cisse brings more to the table.

Ferdinand said: “I think his goals say it all.

“He has scored all type of goals. I was very much a tap-in man or had a lot of headers.

“His ability to create space for himself is fantastic.

“However, you still have to put the ball in the net.

“He has scored some fantastic goals.

“I have seen him play and he has done really well so far.

“It snowballs. What I do know is the striker is only as good as the people around him.

“That is what he has done and the people around him have made that a lot easier.

“They are creating chances for him and that is what the team are doing for him at the moment.

“He is getting position for them and they are making sure they get the ball to him.”

Ferdinand went on: “It about him getting into the positions and taking chances.

“That is the important factor, that they are getting the ball to him.”

Cisse’s punishing run of 10 goals in nine matches is exactly the same as Ferdinand’s from his opening run of games from the 1995/96 season.

In game 10, though, he raised the stakes with a hat-trick against Wimbledon in a 6-1 win – meaning Cisse needed a treble blast against Stoke.

However, Ferdinand did not rule it out, saying: “Records are there to be broken.

“I did not even realise it was a record.

“There must be many records at Newcastle, the fact Andy Cole and the goal record of Alan Shearer is in the history books means it is great to just be mentioned in any type of record.

“It was a great start for me and I hope it continues for Papiss.

“He is heading in the right direction.”

Ferdinand is currently striker coach at Spurs and he confessed word has reached White Hart Lane of just how impressive Cisse’s start has been.

He added: “I was speaking to somebody the other day and they told me I had another record because of Papiss’ goals, so he must be keeping up!

“Records are there to be broken as I say.

“I would love to see Newcastle be successful.

“I was not too bothered as an individual, I wanted to win something as a team.

“I just hope he can be part of a group which wins something. The supporters deserve that.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/21/papiss-cisse-gets-shirt-approval-from-les-ferdinand-72703-30806440/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1sfTMCknd