Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

how old's vorm ? late twenties at worst which is no bar and he's had a very good season. i'd pick krul on what i've watched this season, having watched every game  give or take one or two, no doubt swansea fans would take vorm, it's up to the dutch manager to make his choice (fwiw i'd take either over steklenburg (?) from what i've witnessed)

Guest dogbeak

Neither of them are number 1 are they? Stekelenburg is, isn't he?

aye - i think krul's time will come if he carries on as is, but it will be stekelenburg for the near future at least. he had (iirc) a broken thumb at the time of krul's caps.

not too fussed myself, i'm still paranoid enough to want our players hidden from the world.

Krul, Douglas and Pieters will be the bedrock of NUFC and Holland for years to come!

I get the feeling the Dutch are a bit apprehensive about picking Douglas due to being brazilian-born and and all that.

Pieters and Krul will tho  :snod:

What did not get talked about enough was Cisse's movement just before that fluke goal. The way he ghosts away from his marker to create that straight line for Cabaye to pass through was masterful. That's just amazing vision and reading of the game.

Krul's distribution - Holland - Total football?

You clearly missed the last World Cup final. :best:

The last whole World Cup. They've Inter-ed there team after the 2010 Champions League it seemed. Same goes for Brazil with Dunga in charge at the WC 2010.

What did not get talked about enough was Cisse's movement just before that fluke goal. The way he ghosts away from his marker to create that straight line for Cabaye to pass through was masterful. That's just amazing vision and reading of the game.

Yep. In that respect, he reminds me of Shearer. One minute he's next to a defender. Next time you look, he's in two yards of space, and you wonder how he's done it.

I think Shearer didn't lose that.  He was just too slow to get into the position he wants.

He was very slow from 1998 onwards, though, and still went on to have 4 very good seasons in front of goal.

I think Shearer didn't lose that.  He was just too slow to get into the position he wants.

He was very slow from 1998 onwards, though, and still went on to have 4 very good seasons in front of goal.

He did lose his pace after that injury, but was still enough to be a poacher.  He walked like handicapped during his last 2 seasons.

Anyway, just like Dave said, WFC now.