Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

That chance in the first minutes where he turned and fired in one glorious movement only to be denied by Hart - it came from a cross out wide, delivered early and low. Get the supply right and he'll score for fun.

That chance in the first minutes where he turned and fired in one glorious movement only to be denied by Hart - it came from a cross out wide, delivered early and low. Get the supply right and he'll score for fun.

TRUTH!!

Put him in the middle. Feed him with service. So f***ing simple.

Alternatively, play the striker who's actually scoring in the middle and feed HIM with service.

Cisse in the middle would benefit the TEAM, I'm sure of it. Ba pulling wide/playing just off makes more sense to me.

Really thought he was going to bury that chance with his left in the penalty area. If we were going to get anything today that was the moment.

Hope he gets going soon. Not sure i agree that if he plays through the middle problem solved, as I think his performances have improved significantly since moving out wide.

His all round game is getting better but obviously his goalscoring is still suffering. Still think rotating him and Ba for the starting role just to freshen it up would work when Ben arfa is back or DROP JONAS!

Either way there's no point in playing Cisse out wide. It was his best performance in that position yesterday and he was still poor. He struggles to control the ball in tight spaces and can't get past his man. It's daft.

He seems to have lost his central place to Ba through a combination of poor performances in an awful system that he wasn't at all suited to, and the club's remarkable willingness to adhere to Ba's wishes through fear of losing him. He's a lethal poacher, and he's more reliant on a system than Ba, but through months of Pardew abuse he's found himself on the wing(!) and bereft of confidence - it's painful to watch. But I'm absolutely certain he'd be better central in a 3,  and it's got to the stage where I'd be relatively happy to see Ba sold in order to begin using him correctly, which I ultimately believe would be better for the team.

Really thought he was going to bury that chance with his left in the penalty area. If we were going to get anything today that was the moment.

Hope he gets going soon. Not sure i agree that if he plays through the middle problem solved, as I think his performances have improved significantly since moving out wide.

His all round game is getting better but obviously his goalscoring is still suffering. Still think rotating him and Ba for the starting role just to freshen it up would work when Ben arfa is back or DROP JONAS!

I´ve said this all season, and even before it started.

I don´t understand this "they both have to play at the same time". They don´t. We perform best with a 4-3-3 type of formation and also add the fact that we have a small squad, so resting one of them at times, only makes sense.

Regarding that they should be able to work together, Ba and him, isn´t true i think. They are both to similar (read selfish), as I said 100 times. They don´t make runs for each either, and if they do, the other one doesn´t even look up.

@CissePapiss

Hi everyone, I know times are hard right now bt I can assure you we r working real hard to get back to our best. Thanks for all the support

@CissePapiss

City was always gonna be a tough game but we tried!! Keep supporting us and am sure we will get back where we belong!! On to the next 1!

I´ve said this all season, and even before it started.

I don´t understand this "they both have to play at the same time". They don´t. We perform best with a 4-3-3 type of formation and also add the fact that we have a small squad, so resting one of them at times, only makes sense.

Regarding that they should be able to work together, Ba and him, isn´t true i think. They are both to similar (read selfish), as I said 100 times. They don´t make runs for each either, and if they do, the other one doesn´t even look up.

I think it is possible to have the two of them in the team together, centrally even, as long as:

1. There's a proper No.10 (Marveaux) to feed them passes, i.e. "tie" them together

2. They aren't making runs into the same position

Something like:

Santon Willo/Taylor Colo Fergie

Anita Perch Tiote

Marveaux

Ba          Cisse

It would heavily rely on the fullbacks for width, though.

Guest tollemache

I'm choosing to believe that's my whingeing about playing 4-3-1-2 sinking in.

With Cabaye and Ben Arfa in the side, you don't need the fullbacks to be wingers, they just have to be willing to take up advanced wide positions. As I've whinged before, I saw Milan play a diamond perfectly well with Jaap Stam at right back.

Anyway, we've got Santon