Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Two good balls were played into him the way he likes it last night. One got us a penalty award, and the other he rushed his shot and it went over. He had to improvise for the other chances which isn't enough service catered to his style of play and movement.

(the second one I'm on about was when Anita played it over the top to him having spotted his great run late in the second half).

I thought he did ok, a goal would have rounded it off easily. The two he blazed over with his left probably would have rattled home last season. I think we will see the magic again from him. Ba has got it back can't see why Cisse can't.

And the Michu comment is daft. As quality as Michu has looked this season Swansea play a very different style to us. I wouldn't mind having Michu here like but to play with Ba and Cisse not as a replacement for either.

His workrate was still way below the workrate of Di Santo and his offsides were verging on the ridiculous so average best describes that performance... tbh would swap him for Michu in a flash ... he must have been to the 'Shola Ameobi School Of Offside Excellence'...

Can't agree there mate.  Cisse is a real predator and can score all types of goals.  We just don't utilise him properly and that's been further magnified by a poor run of form. 

Michu doesn't always play up top for them anyway does he?  Plays in behind that Schicter (sp) I thought? 

I think if Ba isn't going to be used wide left and we want to persist with the 4-2-3-1.  It should be a straight shootout between Ba and Cisse for the lone strikers role.  Bit hard to argue against Ba playing there ATM.

Cisse's done ok out wide, but it feels a bit like square pegs/round holes.

Not worried in the slightest about Pappiss. He's making the runs, he's getting into positions. He'll start scoring for fun when the sort of chances that are falling for Ba are falling for him. Will help when Ben Arfa gets back into the team and we hopefully keep Marv out there.Those runs & balls will be played in onside and he will start scoring and smiling all over again.

Thick as mince, which makes him who he is.

I should probably expand but it's been mentioned before. I moan every time he does something like blast a left footed volley into the stand when there was room to run into, backheel it out for a goal kick for no conceivable reason or make s***-daft runs when he's blatantly offside (all last night) but, really, that is who he is. These sort of things all went for him last season and I strongly believe his lack of brain will see him go on another mega scoring run.

Trying to bend the ball around Ali Al Habsi and the post from the byline with his heel was taking the piss a bit like.

That's soooo Cisse. *snaps fingers*

Yes that was really silly, Ba was waiting there free or we would have got a corner. I am all for strikers being selfish but...

There were still numerous occasions when the ball went into the box and they occupied the exact same space. Both are full of goalscoring instinct which is a good thing. However, we need something else at times.

This exactly Peter Beardsley complimented Andy Cole these two occupy the same space/role etc except Ba is a much better footballer ... we need a creative striker with a bit of guile and alternate Ba and Cisse (who personally I would sell) with the newbie... Cisse has no craft guile or workrate so when he doesn't score he doesn't contribute a la Michael Owen  :rolleyes:

There were still numerous occasions when the ball went into the box and they occupied the exact same space. Both are full of goalscoring instinct which is a good thing. However, we need something else at times.

This exactly Peter Beardsley complimented Andy Cole these two occupy the same space/role etc except Ba is a much better footballer ... we need a creative striker with a bit of guile and alternate Ba and Cisse (who personally I would sell) with the newbie... Cisse has no craft guile or workrate so when he doesn't score he doesn't contribute a la Michael Owen  :rolleyes:

Says Alex 'Poz' Gontran...

Over me head that one  :lol:

You stalking me BTW  :yikes:

Says Alex 'Poz' Gontran...

Guest malandro

They both shoot on sight as well. Nowt wrong with that but having two lads in the team that do it isn't good for developing team play. Long term I can't see how the team can develop with them both in the starting line up.

They both went for the rebound after Santon's shot. Thank fuck Ba got there first and tucked it away, otherwise I think there was a train wreck of a miss awaiting. Surely a good thing though that they both want to score so badly? We must find that balance, and it comes with coaching a game plan into their forward play. Both of their levels of in-game intelligence/decision making must be a priority for Pardew and his coaching staff.

Can't agree with Poz on that one.  He's having a tough start to the season, as have the team.  We create fuck all and when we do, he looks so depserate to score, he rushes and looks like he's trying too hard.

His record speaks for itself and there is no way we should think about selling him IMO.