Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'm still convinced he's better than Ba, and we would be better off building our attack around him.

Me too. Also Ba is quite suitable for the left striker role, which makes it even more bizarre that we don't set up like that.

I can't believe it's just to keep Ba happy, but then again I can't think of any other reason either. ???

I'm still convinced he's better than Ba, and we would be better off building our attack around him.

I think Ba is a brilliant forward but with him being in form and Cisse not Ba is getting the better option in our system. We are shooting ourselves in the foot though, Ba could be off in January leaving us with an out of form no confidence Cisse.

Go to how it was last season with Demba left Cisse central and if Ba don't like it tough shit, we are more than one man and if he won;t sign a new deal without the stupid claus then why bother trying to keep him happy.

Really don't know what to do with Cisse at the moment. :undecided:

Whatever it is, the manager should make a decision and stick to it. The indecision isn't clever, and the in-game dicking about with formations isn't a deliberate plan of attack. It's part of the indecision. Cisse is a center forward. Full stop. Either play him there, or keep him on the bench.

If Obertan had been fit, I wouldn't mind going back to the way we played first half of last season with him on the right, HBA behind Ba. Would definitely work better than the shambles we're witnessing now.

Really don't know what to do with Cisse at the moment. :undecided:

Whatever it is, the manager should make a decision and stick to it. The indecision isn't clever, and the in-game dicking about with formations isn't a deliberate plan of attack. It's part of the indecision. Cisse is a center forward. Full stop. Either play him there, or keep him on the bench.

If Obertan had been fit, I wouldn't mind going back to the way we played first half of last season with him on the right, HBA behind Ba. Would definitely work better than the shambles we're witnessing now.

Have to agree with this, if he's on the right he may as well not be playing.

He's probably out of confidence because he's stuck on the wing. The man is a goal machine, wonder how Shearer or Ferdinand would have faired if they were stuck out wide. It's not like he has any of the qualities to play out there at all.

Imagine if you scored 12 in 13 then got told "actually your going on wing for a bit, our other striker wants to be the main man" I'd be furious.

Isn't that essentially what we told Ba in the second half of last season though..?

Also, his confidence was shot long before he was tried on the wings, which has only happened in the last two games and worked quite well in the first of those.

Here's another idea.....how about playing wide players who can cross the ball? Daring and innovative I realise, but it just might work  :pardsgrin:

I agree with you, but do we have any?

Shane 'he's shit if he starts' Ferguson

Here's another idea.....how about playing wide players who can cross the ball? Daring and innovative I realise, but it just might work  :pardsgrin:

I agree with you, but do we have any?

Well there's Pardew's own special purchase, Obertan, but of course he can't cross either but he can track back like a champ so obviously that's a Pardew wankfest waiting to happen. Not much use to Cisse though.

Marveaux as part of a front 3 might be worth a look, as along with HBA and Ferguson he's probably got the best delivery from a wide position.

He'd be constantly taking clothes with tags on just the wrong side of the security barriers.

:lol:

The truth though is that he's used to an early ball rather than someone dallying about wondering what to do before releasing it

He's been genuinely poor recently.

Why is he always offside? People make excuses for him that he's being played out wide but he's offside 5 times a game minimum indicating he's on the edge of the last defender.

He had a great chance yesterday but he was offside and he still didn't score.

Shouldn't be starting. End of.

He actually got himself into better positions than Ba yesterday and wasted them by being offside.