Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Is he not offside a lot because of the running he's doing? He's been chasing defenders around like a blue arsed fly for weeks

Sometimes it's very unlucky and likely to happen playing off the shoulder. Sometimes he is so offside Ashley takes the price of a ticket out of his wages.

His moaning is just because he has a strong desire to win. I love that in a player.

Personally, I think players who moan excessively are just a bit up themselves. It's nothing to do with desire to win, or quality.

I get the impression that he's deliberately taken on a more aggressive attitude. Maybe Pardew wants him to get fired up, because there have been times when he's looked too laid back.

That rant at the lino was just stupid. He was a yard offside, and after running over like that there was no way he could escape without a booking.

I thought he was fantastic today. He gets a lot of unfair criticism for his work outside the penalty area, but he ran the Benfica team ragged single-handedly for most of the game. With the kind of support he got in the final 20 mins he'd have got a hat trick over 90 mins.

:thup:

Was immense. Him and Jonas couldn't stop running today.

That'll explain the offsides, then.

:lol:

there is just no way you have ever played football or can even have a respected opinion on football. :lol:

I thought he was fantastic today. He gets a lot of unfair criticism for his work outside the penalty area, but he ran the Benfica team ragged single-handedly for most of the game. With the kind of support he got in the final 20 mins he'd have got a hat trick over 90 mins.

I thought he was quality and his link up and hold up play far better than it has been. His chest control and volleyed pass in to the path of Sissoko from a throw was exquisite.

there is just no way you have ever played football or can even have a respected opinion on football. :lol:

Was a joke.

Was a joke.

Thank god. :lol:

He was class last night IMO, barring the offsides.

I think he draws attention to his offsides as well in a weird way, because he scores or nearly scores every time the ball comes near him. Other strikers are offside in less dangerous positions!

His link-up was very good again, he's absolutely great at one-touch football.

At times yes, he was excellent last night but sometimes this season his link up play and first touch football hasn't been up to standards. Since Ba left though he's been revitalised, he's scoring, getting into chances even if his overall play is very inconsistent.

His link-up was very good again, he's absolutely great at one-touch football.

Sorry, but I have to bite on that one. His touch on the ball is very unreliable. It's the weakness in his game that's defined the level in which he can play. It affects both his finishing and his link-up play.

Guest bimpy474

It's the offsides, when he can see along the line and just runs offside like a kid playing a Sunday game. He has to sort that out, it's such poor play.

There was an occasion last night, and also very early on at 0-0 in the first leg, (AND against Fulham actually) where a measured ball over the top found him and a good touch would have seen him have a 1-on-1 with the keeper, and every time he either missed the ball completely or took a really heavy touch and lost the chance. He needs to work on that scenario imo.

There was an occasion last night, and also very early on at 0-0 in the first leg, (AND against Fulham actually) where a measured ball over the top found him and a good touch would have seen him have a 1-on-1 with the keeper, and every time he either missed the ball completely or took a really heavy touch and lost the chance. He needs to work on that scenario imo.

Yep, I would have expected him to control and bury that. His touch in general is excellent.

Guest bimpy474

He comes up with some spectacular efforts but his first touch is generally hit-and-miss.

Erratic would sum up his first touch i think.

He comes up with some spectacular efforts but his first touch is generally hit-and-miss.

Erratic would sum up his first touch i think.

Agree. Same with his passing.

Basically sums up the player he is. Just pure instinct without much thought process. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Whats his record latley? Seems to be the only one scoring.

Aye, i think it must be very good in the last 10 to 15 games or so.

Whats his record latley? Seems to be the only one scoring.

Scored in last 3 games, 6 goals in 10 matches in all competitions. Excluding a perfect valid goal chalked off in the Anzhi match.

He's got his qualities, but I don't think we should settle for him as our main man into the future and build a team around him. His all round game isn't good enough for where we're hoping to go and we should try to bring in someone better. If that means trading him in, then so be it.