Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

When we have all our eggs in one Papiss-shaped basket he has to be a lot better than he was tonight unfortunately. Love him to bits but the offsides are becoming stupid at best and downright incompetent at worst.

When we have all our eggs in one Papiss-shaped basket he has to be a lot better than he was tonight unfortunately. Love him to bits but the offsides are becoming stupid at best and downright incompetent at worst.

Which of the offsides were stupid/downright incompetent tonight?

:thup: agree. He's very very good but the offside thing is such a basic weakness that holds him, and us, back quite a lot. Needs coaching about the offside rule by our plethora of attacking coaches.

The ones where he's looking right down the line of defenders and drifts beyond them anyway. Or when players are breaking with the ball and he's not an option due to being beyond the last defender. Staying onside is a skill, it's not good enough for him to just put the ball in no matter what and hope to drop lucky.

He's a striker who relies on instincts though. Once you start telling him not to go with those instincts you end up taking away what he's good at. I personally think his movement is brilliant.

:thup: agree. He's very very good but the offside thing is such a basic weakness that holds him, and us, back quite a lot. Needs coaching about the offside rule by our plethora of attacking coaches.

:lol:

I disagree, anyway. If he isn't offside - then both of the strikes for each disallowed goals wouldn't have even happened. It's extremely frustrating on immediate reflection - cos it's a goal and then it's not and it's fucking torture - but I wouldn't change him. I don't begrudge him either of those incidents tonight. He plays on the last shoulder so he's liable to be offside anyway.

:lol:

I disagree, anyway. If he isn't offside - then both of the strikes for each disallowed goals wouldn't have even happened. It's extremely frustrating on immediate reflection - cos it's a goal and then it's not and it's fucking torture - but I wouldn't change him. I don't begrudge him either of those incidents tonight. He plays on the last shoulder so he's viable to be offside anyway.

I was talking more in general than just tonight fwiw. It happens pretty much every single game.

He's a striker who relies on instincts though. Once you start telling him not to go with those instincts you end up taking away what he's good at. I personally think his movement is brilliant.

Hell of a point.

Not one, is the answer.

The  margins between awesome Cisse and disappointing Cisse are so small - we're 2 post widths and a narrow offside away from a Europa semi.

It'll all come together soon I reckon - hopefully Sunday...

Coleman and mcClaren were jizzing over his movement. I thought he was great.. Particularly when he called the lino a fool

I think he said he was mental. French, innit?

Nope. Called him a fool in plain old english :lol:

Thought he said, "Vous etes fou?!"

I thought he was fantastic today. He gets a lot of unfair criticism for his work outside the penalty area, but he ran the Benfica team ragged single-handedly for most of the game. With the kind of support he got in the final 20 mins he'd have got a hat trick over 90 mins.

I thought he was fantastic today. He gets a lot of unfair criticism for his work outside the penalty area, but he ran the Benfica team ragged single-handedly for most of the game. With the kind of support he got in the final 20 mins he'd have got a hat trick over 90 mins.

:thup:

Was immense. Him and Jonas couldn't stop running today.

:thup:

Was immense. Him and Jonas couldn't stop running today.

That'll explain the offsides, then.

He needs to stop moaning at his team-mates. It's a bad habit that's recently crept in whenever the ball doesn't go where he wants. Just forget it and concentrate on your own game.

Such a random criticism, especially when his own game has been terrific recently. He's hardly Danny Simpson, whinging at his team-mates when it's him who's actually fucked up.

Ball goes aimlessly over his head - nowhere near him, he strops for a few seconds, then is back to normal.