Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He's a striker... Did he miss any chances?...

He's a forward... Did he hold the ball up effectively? Did he bring other players into play? Did he create chances for others? Did he move well enough to make it possible for others to play him in? Did he score?

Created more goal scoring opportunities today than any other NUFC player according to the stats. Did he have a good game? No. Should he be dropped? Possibly, if there were any decent striking options on the bench but there are not.

It will be interesting to see how effective we are if he's dropped. He still occupies central defenders even when he's off form, I wonder if Remy will find as much space when the central defenders are marking him instead?

He's a forward... Did he hold the ball up effectively? Did he bring other players into play? Did he create chances for others? Did he move well enough to make it possible for others to play him in? Did he score?

Created more goal scoring opportunities today than any other NUFC player according to the stats. Did he have a good game? No. Should he be dropped? Possibly, if there were any decent striking options on the bench but there are not.

Which stats are those?

I fully appreciate we lack options up front, and this is why I have said, and still think we must persist with him. That said, people have been saying all it would take to get Cisse firing on all cylinders was for Ba to fuck off, then to play him centrally as a lone forward, then to create more chances as a team. Now apparently all it takes is chances put on a plate for him. My mother could score chances if they're put on a plate. What we need is a striker who can contribute effectively to our attacking play as well as sticking the ball in the net on a consistent basis. Can Cisse do this?

Which stats are those?

I fully appreciate we lack options up front, and this is why I have said, and still think we must persist with him. That said, people have been saying all it would take to get Cisse firing on all cylinders was for Ba to f*** off, then to play him centrally as a lone forward, then to create more chances as a team. Now apparently all it takes is chances put on a plate for him. My mother could score chances if they're put on a plate. What we need is a striker who can contribute effectively to our attacking play as well as sticking the ball in the net on a consistent basis. Can Cisse do this?

NUFC stats on twitter. Well he certainly can't play as a lone striker and appears to be most effective in a 4-3-3, as evidenced by his wondrous form from January-May 2012. So it's either drop him for an inferior striker in Shola or Gouffran or persist with him in a 4-3-3 formation. Another striker in January is essential.

Aside from the first 15 minutes today we were pretty awful, Cisse needs a goal but, we are short of options. Shola, whether we like it or not is the best alternative as a central striker. Remy looked lost through the middle when Cisse came off today.

Pardew offered nothing to his players from the touch line in the second half when the players needed a good kicking and to be fair, Colo offers little motivation to his team when things aren't happening.

At HT we all agreed that we could easily lose the game but I didn't expect the pathetic 2nd half that we witnessed. The more I think about it the more I believe Pardew should go however, the thought if JK coming in to reek havoc for several months is almost too much to bear. MA has got us in a right Catch 22.

He's been f*cking awful for ages.... in his position the CF needs to hold the ball and link play as well as make intelligent runs.

Cisse does none of that and thus f*cking useless.

Do you think Gouffran will hold the ball up any better? He doesn't look that sort to me tbh, both him and Remy look like they'd work better off a genuine target man.

He's been f*cking awful for ages.... in his position the CF needs to hold the ball and link play as well as make intelligent runs.

Cisse does none of that and thus f*cking useless.

Do you think Gouffran will hold the ball up any better? He doesn't look that sort to me tbh, both him and Remy look like they'd work better off a genuine target man.

He might or might not, but he is surely less likely to thunder the ball into touch when he does hold it up as Cisse did twice today.

I agree with the last bit but as always because the cunts in charge knew best we have no options to make stuff happen.

Gouffran holds the ball up better, he moves better and he links play better.

There is a reason most of the time when he plays our general play is better and there's also reason why he gets into more goalscoring positions than Cisse does.

I'd start him until we can get someone decent.

BTW when i say hold the ball up better i don't mean the Andy Carroll type chest it down and wait for support.... i mean give him the ball and he will hold it up better than Cisse does because he's much better technically.

Obviously Cisse is a better finisher but what is the point? he never gets in the position to score anymore.

Gouffran holds the ball up better, he moves better and he links play better.

There is a reason most of the time when he plays our general play is better and there's also reason why he gets into more goalscoring positions than Cisse does.

I'd start him until we can get someone decent.

BTW when i say hold the ball up better i don't mean the Andy Carroll type chest it down and wait for support.... i mean give him the ball and he will hold it up better than Cisse does because he's much better technically.

Obviously Cisse is a better finisher but what is the point? he never gets in the position to score anymore.

Well if he gets the chance I'll be interested to see how well he holds the ball up. When he started up front against Morecambe in the cup game he was pretty much snuffed out entirely.