Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

On this topic I am pretty much in agreement with you TCD, but can you not just let it rest for even one day, especially when he's been more effective in recent weeks than for months before? You really are like a broken record sometimes.. :lol:

On this topic I am pretty much in agreement with you TCD, but can you not just let it rest for even one day, especially when he's been more effective in recent weeks than for months before? You really are like a broken record sometimes.. :lol:

What else am I to do, work on a Monday morning?

But you're right. I make the same points x10 every day and only a few seem to understand.

But it's difficult. There's a lad who apparently needs this intricate style of play, through balls etc. but he doesn't contribute to it. Doesn't link up well with his team-mates for 85 minutes but the rest of the lads are meant to pick up the slack and play this great free flowing football without Cisse contributing. It's not realistic. SAF sold RVN partly because all he did was score. Didn't contribute to overall team play and he was good in the air, fairly strong too.

Cisse is even more limited and so are his team-mates.

Tbf although we lost, if you told me in December that we would be competitive in any game without Krul, Coloccini, Cabaye and Ben Arfa I would never have beleived you. We also lost 2 full backs and were super unlucky not to win at a bogey ground of ours. Wigan will go down...

QPR

Wigan

Mackems/Villa would be a dream.

His finishing was s**** yesterday, but I thought he played well apart from that. Not just the assist, his link up play was good all afternoon.

He made two wrong decisions yesterday but because he hasnt hit the hieghts of last season he is being massively scrutinised on here and has no leeway whatsoever.  Has been pushed out on the right, asked to help cover a FB, given little service and still managed to win us a couple of games with winners.

He's not being scrutinised more than any 10 million pound striker who is the only viable option in a squad that is massively underperforming this season would be. We are relying on him to score the goals to get us into Europe, and he's not done so consistently enough this season, although as I said, he's improved over the last couple of weeks and long may it continue.

Guest icemanblue

The assist for Santon was a difficult first time pass,l executed superbly.

You did fuck all.

:lol: Trust me, I played it with him!

He's not being scrutinised more than any 10 million pound striker who is the only viable option in a squad that is massively underperforming this season would be. We are relying on him to score the goals to get us into Europe, and he's not done so consistently enough this season, although as I said, he's improved over the last couple of weeks and long may it continue.

Hes only 5 or so goals off last seasons tally with 8 leagues left and other euorpean games to play in.

Hes only 5 or so goals off last seasons tally with 8 leagues left and other euorpean games to play in.

Is that compared to last year's half season with us?

Edit: not even that considering he only started playing for us after his return from the ACON.

Edit: not even that considering he only started playing for us after his return from the ACON.

Last years half season when we were playing well and had  Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba for that whole period.

Last years half season when we were playing well and had  Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba for that whole period.

Is that the same Ba that many on here argued was detrimental to Cisse's natural game?  :p

Look, I don't think it can be denied Cisse has not hit the heights of last season's form by any stretch of the imagination this season..?

Dropout obviously loves a highlights player. He'll crucify Cisse's link-up play and no doubt bang on about Benteke being superior, and yet...

Benteke's average pass accuracy this season 64.8%, Cisse's 73.9%.

Since Villa, Cisse's PA has risen to 76.2% from an average of 23.1 passes per game. Compare that to some different strikers:

RVP - 80.2% (from 26.8 per game).

Giroud - 60.4% (20 PG)

Michu - 77.7% (33 PG)

Comparing him to some 'poachers' - Defoe only makes 14 passes per game on average, with 85% finding their man, Bent is 67.8% from 12 :lol:

Not bad for a poacher that apparently can't get involved and contributes nothing to our play, doesn't seem too far off these 'real' footballers.

His finishing was s**** yesterday, but I thought he played well apart from that. Not just the assist, his link up play was good all afternoon.

He made two wrong decisions yesterday but because he hasnt hit the hieghts of last season he is being massively scrutinised on here and has no leeway whatsoever.  Has been pushed out on the right, asked to help cover a FB, given little service and still managed to win us a couple of games with winners.

Yep, that's the long and short of it really. How many times have we seen Cisse played in behind a defence this season for example?

Funny how when Ba was scoring, everyone said it was at the expense of the overall team play. He was also Greedy Demba, always taking he shot instead of the pass. This is definitely true with Cisse at the moment. Offers little other than flashes of brilliance. But now it's everyone else's fault.

The assist was great but he rarely does anything great for the team. He's not an outlet. Rarely passes when close to goal. He doesn't hold it up. But aye, it's everyone else's fault that we don't create.

Cisse offers a far greater work rate for his team than Ba ever did.

Guest neesy111

Funny how when Ba was scoring, everyone said it was at the expense of the overall team play. He was also Greedy Demba, always taking he shot instead of the pass. This is definitely true with Cisse at the moment. Offers little other than flashes of brilliance. But now it's everyone else's fault.

The assist was great but he rarely does anything great for the team. He's not an outlet. Rarely passes when close to goal. He doesn't hold it up. But aye, it's everyone else's fault that we don't create.

Cisse offers a far greater work rate for his team than Ba ever did.

No doubt about that.

What else am I to do, work on a Monday morning?

But you're right. I make the same points x10 every day and only a few seem to understand.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You seem to think you're making points that are somehow beyond the mental capacity of the people you are arguing with. It's actually that people don't agree with you, how strange?

You're not right, it's an opinion. Others have them too, and it appears most don't agree with yours.

Yep, that's the long and short of it really. How many times have we seen Cisse played in behind a defence this season for example?

Very little and when he has, he has teken those chances.