Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The only way he's going to get back his confidence is if he has a run of games where he gets a lot of chances. We can't afford to play like that though, I also doubt we've got a coach who can get the system to generate said chances. Gouffran through the middle from now on.

Gouffran will offer even less through the middle IMO. I know he's flavour of the month right now, and Cisse is the pantomime villain, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Gouff is going to be an effective CF.

The only way he's going to get back his confidence is if he has a run of games where he gets a lot of chances. We can't afford to play like that though, I also doubt we've got a coach who can get the system to generate said chances. Gouffran through the middle from now on.

Gouffran will offer even less through the middle IMO. I know he's flavour of the month right now, and Cisse is the pantomime villain, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Gouff is going to be an effective CF.

Good mover, solid player, surprisingly good at shielding the ball and quicker. He's just the better option, right now.

I'm with you.

This is true but too many NUFC 'supporters' are blinded by their hatred of Cisse to admit it.

This is true but too many NUFC 'supporters' are blinded by their hatred of Cisse to admit it.

I don't hate Cisse at all, in fact, I was defending him on here a couple of weeks back. I just think we need someone who's a bit more solid at playing football for now.

All those games Gouffran has played as a centre forward for us.

It's got to the point where Cisse is literally doing more harm than good, why the hell wouldn't you want to give a bloke who has shown to be effective centrally for another club a run of games there? It actually makes me angry the pathetic excuses Cisse is getting now :lol:

It's not dissimilar to the blind hatred Williamson has been subjected to tbh. Totally OTT and unwarranted.

Can't hit a barn door at the moment and his confidence is totally on the floor. Perhaps he will be moved on, in January if not next summer. Someone will pay £5million for him. That said. the lad has been well and truely 'Pardewed' over the last 18 months.

Guest bimpy474

The way this cunt is playing he will be lucky to get 5 goals this season. Sell him while we can he's absolutely woeful a waste of a shirt and totally disinterested

The effort was there today but he is so shit in front of goal it's embarrassing now.

It's got to the point where Cisse is literally doing more harm than good, why the hell wouldn't you want to give a bloke who has shown to be effective centrally for another club a run of games there? It actually makes me angry the pathetic excuses Cisse is getting now :lol:

Agree with this. Cisse is showing nothing, either on or off the ball. At least Gouffran has a bit of ability, some form, and workrate. I think Remy & Ben Arfa would benefit more from him than Cisse in this form.

Agree with this. Cisse is showing nothing, either on or off the ball. At least Gouffran has a bit of ability, some form, and workrate. I think Remy & Ben Arfa would benefit more from him than Cisse in this form.

Cisse was getting into good positions, he needs a goal though because his good work isn't paying off while he can't hit a barn door with a cows arse.

:thup: It once again shows the state of our squad too.

Flavour of the month... :lol:

Cisse is so bad at the moment, and has been for the best part of one and a quarter season, that Gouffran is literally better by default, which is not to say he is the long term answer or good enough for where we want to be, because he isn't. Who knows though, he may actually contribute to our attacking play effectively, or even score a goal or two himself, both of which Cisse looks nowhere near doing. He's a passenger at the moment pure and simple. It was criminal going into a season with a misfiring Cisse as our main striker when we only just escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth last season.

The way this cunt

Harsh. He's a fraction of the player that first came here, and is very frustrating to watch for the fans, but that's not to say he isn't interested/isn't trying. It's a bit harsh to use words like "cunt" on him though.

I would actually prefer Gouffran to be given a go at CF, if only to bust this myth he'll be any good at it. What he did in the French league isn't likely to count for much in the premier IMO. He looks far worse than Cisse in the air, and doesn't look to have any poacher's instinct either.

:thup:

This coming from the same people who believe Cisse being played out wide for a handful of partial matches a season or so ago is to blame for his "loss of form". Yet these same people don't see a centre forward in Gouffran, who only gets to play out wide to accomodate the same Cisse or heaven forbid, Ben Arfa

I would actually prefer Gouffran to be given a go at CF, if only to bust this myth he'll be any good at it. What he did in the French league isn't likely to count for much in the premier IMO. He looks far worse than Cisse in the air, and doesn't look to have any poacher's instinct either.

Does not compute

Poachers instinct? He just happens to arrive in the box 5 minutes before anyone else or not bother turning up at all. Gouffran has actually scored a couple of poachers goals from a similar position that apparently ruined Cisse's career here.

If Cisse carries on the way he is it will be pretty bloody hard for Gouffran not to be better but we will still hear this nonsense about how having a player running offside like a moron/standing around 20 yards out when balls are being put in/fluffing chances, gives us "better shape".

Give him time, he'll turn it round.  Look at Tiote at the minute.

We need a forward thinking Manager instead of this negative ring piece we have at present. Oh and fuck the coaches an all, what are they fucking playing at.