Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Key is, they've got to stop booting up to him, you might as well just kick as far as the corner flag, at least you'll get yourself a few seconds breather and get shape again. He doesen't even try for headers any more :lol:

Dude's knee is shot though, he looks 2-3 steps slower and much less nimble than when he first arrived.

I think his link-up play was adequate. I could barely care less about that aspect of his game if he's scoring more than a goal every other game in our team, mind.

Aye, adequate is the word. And that's more than enough when he was on fire. But when he's back to being terrible for 4 games back to back what do we do? That can easily extend to 12 games. I reckon we should keep him when he's hot but a few bad games back to super sub. Take him out the firing line if a rot seems to be on the horizon.

I knew he wouldn't be able to sustain that first run but i'm more hopeful for this run. Like someone mentioned, it's the tap-ins he was scoring for Freiburg from the Youtube clips.

Key is, they've got to stop booting up to him, you might as well just kick as far as the corner flag, at least you'll get yourself a few seconds breather and get shape again. He doesen't even try for headers any more :lol:

Dude's knee is shot though, he looks 2-3 steps slower and much less nimble than when he first arrived.

A lot's being made of this. But I don't see what it has to do with him missing all those sitters like he did last season.

Cisse will never be a great footballer.  He's probably not as bad as some exaggerations mind.  The main problem I had with him when his form was poor, was his inability to read the offside trap to any professional level.  Yes I know some goals got wrongly disallowed but he was still caught offside a ridiculous number of times.  It seems like he's fixed that a little bit so far this season.

I have never thought it was (all) Cisse's fault that he got caught in the offside trap so much, rather that the side was never quick enough or direct enough to get the early ball through to him. His runs were great, just a shame that the team wasn't coached how to make the best of the striker... (see Pardle)...

Don't agree... just based on the fact of how many times I can distinctly remember myself screaming at the telly for one of our midfielders/defenders/whoever to release the ball to him when he was making a run... Not the same as being at St James or wherever, but it was the impression i got a hell of a lot of the times.

I still like Cisse and think he can offer us a lot if given the right service. :smitten:

Personally I thought Cisse looked almost like a complete striker when he first signed. His hold up play, first touch and ability to bring people into the game and keep things moving had me distinctly wanting the ball given to him rather than Ba (who at the time wasn't playing well and seemed to slow everything down when he got the ball). He's not shown that at all since that time though unfortunately.

The way I see him now is that if he's not scoring, he's not contributing anything. He still generally has absolutely no composure when given time to think as well, he's shown that even this season. I was actually surprised he stuck that second goal in against Chelsea.

Cisse under the king is only as good as the service he receives.  Which has been massively lacking these last few seasons.

I think I'd reword that to:

Cisse is only as good as the service he receives, which under the king has been massively lacking these last few seasons.

A lot's being made of this. But I don't see what it has to do with him missing all those sitters like he did last season.

I'm glad you've pointed out the part where I mentioned last season or its relative nature to hoofing it up to him. You can't expect someone to be part of the link-up play when you play them long balls and he's clearly not got the bring the ball down, hold ball and play it back or wide in his locker.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

Todays Star is sticking with that bullshit about City wanting him, citing the fact we are demanding £35m as the reason Pellegrini has to look elsewhere :lol: