Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest palnese

I remember when Swansea were in Division 4. No contest now in terms of ambition.

They're selling their best player ffs.

And another two of their stars buggered off to the middle East with their equally ambitious manager didn't they? :lol:

Maybe not the best club to compare to although wouldn't be surprised if we they bought Cisse and we kept most or all of the fee.

I remember when Swansea were in Division 4. No contest now in terms of ambition.

They spend money though.

I don't know how anybody can deny that the owners of Swansea have shown tremendous levels of ambition over the past decade or so. They were on the verge of relegation to the conference in 2003 FFS, back when we were one of the top sides in the Premier League. Today, there is a legitimate case for them having overtaken us. There's a hell of a lot more to ambition than holding on to your best players all the time, which only a few clubs can do anyway.

I wouldn't be opposed to us flogging Cisse and using the money to get a younger, and potentially better striker in, but seeing as we won't do the latter part I would have to say 'no' to the former as well.

I was just about to post exactly that point. On paper it looks like a deal we should be looking to make but reality dictates that Cisse will not be replaced and the money just goes into paying Sports Direct for the Labour and materials used in placing their signage at the ground.

They spend money though.

I don't know how anybody can deny that the owners of Swansea have shown tremendous levels of ambition over the past decade or so. They were on the verge of relegation to the conference in 2003 FFS, back when we were one of the top sides in the Premier League. Today, there is a legitimate case for them having overtaken us. There's a hell of a lot more to ambition than holding on to your best players all the time, which only a few clubs can do anyway.

:thup:

There's a difference between having money and choosing to be frugal and being frugal because there simply isn't money to spend. Newcastle is the former, Swansea the latter. They have loads more ambition as a club. Bony leaving for a bigger club has been inevitable since last summer, so rather than employ the Mike Ashley method of not daring to preempt losing a player by buying another, they went out and got Gomis. Who's not as good as Bony, but at least they're not standing there with their dicks in hand while relying on some never-was or 17-year old kid to lead the line.

Guest Roger Kint

Why would he want to leave? can't see him getting a bigger club and he has been doing well when he has a game.

Better wages or longer contract are two obvious reasons.

Close to 30 isnt he? Practically retired in the clubs eyes