Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

no doubt

fair play to you mind, clinging to the buoy of despair in a sea of positivity can't be an easy thing to do :lol:

I'm just a realist. I'll reserve full judgement until he's played but you're all getting carried away before a ball has been kicked. Chances are he has no technique and is incredibly disloyal.

Looks a similar player to Ba actually, bit of a fox in the box with two good feet, good in the air, good with crosses. He'll find it a step up from the German league, but he looks a natural goalscorer. The difference is Ba likes to drop deep and get involved in the build up while Pardew says this guy plays the line, so if that's true they will hopefully click. Be interesting to see how they play together for Senegal.

It's not really like this regime to make an ambitious signing that will push us on, a signing we don't necessarily need purely to improve the first team. Our big signings have usually been replacements for outgoing players who have left a hole in the squad. Either the board have changed their tune or someone will make way for this. Let's hope those making way are the likes of Lovenkrands, Ranger and Smith and not any of our first team. You would assume he's been signed as a partner for Ba. Let's hope this convinces Ba to sign a new deal.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I feel like a drug addict with transfers, this one was great, but now I want more more!

:drool:

Hahahaha! I know what you mean like, I want to get off me box on cissokho and a cb!

Guest guinness_fiend

Youtube clips seem pretty f***ing boring to me. Doesn't look any better than what we already have, tbh.

yeah, has nothing on Ben Arfa or Luque.

Seriously, they're mostly soft goals against s**** opposition. No evidence he can do the business on a cold night at the Britannia.

Aye, because Liverpool and Chelsea's respective purchases of Carroll and Torres have gone so well.  I also hear that Crouch is scoring loads of goals for Stoke.  As is Saha for Everton.

Given the success of the majority of the players that MA has brought in (listed pages back), there is no reason to assume that Cisse will not do the business.  Plus, in today's money, £9m for an international striker - irrespective if he comes from the "third world" (That Drogba, he was awful in his prime, wasn't he?) - is a gamble worth taking.

The negativity of some people on here (usually justified by the "But I'm a realist" claim) is staggering.  I can only assume that you are on the wind-up and part of me is actually embarrassed that I have responded to this.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/victor%20meldrew%20richard%20wilson.jpg

I think you have to trust out scouting team based on recent signings, not always going to be right but foreign based players we have signed are pretty fucking good. We seem to do a lot of due diligence these days to prevent a Luque situation and check players mentality and character to see if would fit in. Plus got to be better than shola

I think you have to trust out scouting team based on recent signings, not always going to be right but foreign based players we have signed are pretty f***ing good. We seem to do a lot of due diligence these days to prevent a Luque situation and check players mentality and character to see if would fit in. Plus got to be better than shola

Two legs...check..

Knows roughly which goal he needs to be pointing towards...check...

Can move faster than a slug...check...

Yep he's better than Shola

Guest sicko2ndbest

NUFCTV interview with Pards

Tried to get him when Andy left too little time

Good age in his prime

Needs to be given time

Very excited. Shows where we are at as a club when a top player becomes availible that fits our structure

Looks a similar player to Ba actually, bit of a fox in the box with two good feet, good in the air, good with crosses. He'll find it a step up from the German league, but he looks a natural goalscorer. The difference is Ba likes to drop deep and get involved in the build up while Pardew says this guy plays the line, so if that's true they will hopefully click. Be interesting to see how they play together for Senegal.

Yeah, that's how it looks. I was hoping for more of a Bellamy / Beardsley-type, but Pardew's vision for the side is evidently different. Or maybe he's looking to Ben Arfa or Marveaux to fill that kind of role.

He should add pace and sharpness in the penalty area, which we've been lacking and once he gets used to the more physical nature of the Premiership, he looks like he can be effective. Although he's not big, he seems quite strong.

Whatever, the encouraging thing is that this is a player that we've identified at an early stage, he fits into a plan for the side, we've refused to be ripped off and when the player has become available, we've acted swiftly.

Tubed him to death, he does look canny quick, brave good first touch, seems to find space but that will not be as easy to do over here, ore than anything though he looks to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Tubed him to death, he does look canny quick, brave good first touch, seems to find space but that will not be as easy to do over here, ore than anything though he looks to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbUPGMTcAqn6KYwP5KwE0E9soSSSAbP1UmPT9JtZYMT23t5jX1W6bVFJA