Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

So Cisse says that there was "big interest" from Sunderland.

Article twists that into saying he turned down big clubs...

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

Delighted with this signing, don't know much about him but the prospect of him and Ba up front sounds amazing. Going to be some worried defenders in the premiership come feb, imagine facing these two!

I think teams like QPR will think twice about pressing us high up the pitch like they did against Best and Shola that's for sure.

Did I read somewhere that his hobby is being caught offside?

When you are playing off the shoulder of the last defender then you'd have to be some striker not to get caught offside a few times. On the occasion when you beat the trap though... :pow:

Yep, Hernandez was born offside, i'd still have him in our team though, or i would have before we signed all the Demba's.

from Blue Moon

Signing of the window. Im a huge fan of pappis, he's actuallya better striker than Demba ba and thats the scary thing. he was rated higher in Germany and back home in Senegal. Sad thing is you will hear people in the media act like pardew found a new gem no one heard of when he's one of the best strikers in the bundesliga. Great signing

Everytime I watched pappis I kept thinking this guy is so made for the PL. He is basically a quicker version of Darren Bent and a better finisher. He's a proper nr 9

I hope he contributes more to general play than Darren Bent does. It's often the situation where Bent being on the pitch is actually detrimental to the team he's playing for, because he contributes nothing other than being offside and goals

from Blue Moon

Signing of the window. Im a huge fan of pappis, he's actuallya better striker than Demba ba and thats the scary thing. he was rated higher in Germany and back home in Senegal. Sad thing is you will hear people in the media act like pardew found a new gem no one heard of when he's one of the best strikers in the bundesliga. Great signing

Everytime I watched pappis I kept thinking this guy is so made for the PL. He is basically a quicker version of Darren Bent and a better finisher. He's a proper nr 9

Very nice.

I hope they have a successful tournament, tbh, as it will have them returning in high spirits. I realise it means we lose out in the short-term but it will benefit us throughout the rest of the season.

A return for the Spurs game would be sweet, though. It would be awesome for Ba to demolish them :shifty:

Hope they go far in the competition too. :thup:

“I am flattered by Sunderland’s interest.”

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

“This was the club I wanted to join"

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jan2012/3/4/papiss-cisse-with-alan-pardew-526858629.jpg

Problem, Sunderland? :troll:

love the sunderland bit like, the cynic in me can see see delboy thumbing through "PR for Dummies" 'til he find the football chapter; "When signing any player ensure they are at pains to state they turned down your fiercest rival to choose your club ahead of them"