sunderland

JH

Guest Haris Vuckic

So long as they spend money like that on players like Fletcher we'll always be well ahead of them.

The only player in our squad we spent more on was Coloccini and he was only £500k more iirc.

£13m on Wickham, £13m on Gyan, no?

So long as they spend money like that on players like Fletcher we'll always be well ahead of them.

The only player in our squad we spent more on was Coloccini and he was only £500k more iirc.

£13m on Wickham, £13m on Gyan, no?

spending at that rate for that type of player- how much do they need to spend to build a squad to match us? got to be Man city type money.

Guardian journo accidentally refers to the Bruce Springsteen gig as being on Tyneside. Result? Mackemdom rears up on it's hind legs and starts frothing at the mouth...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/22/bruce-springsteen-live-review-sunderland?INTCMP=SRCH

(scroll down to comments section)

Guys, you're right, I am an idiot and clearly did not check my geography. In mitigation, I actually wrote the review in Newcastle. Upon Tyne.

:laugh:

Guardian journo accidentally refers to the Bruce Springsteen gig as being on Tyneside. Result? Mackemdom rears up on it's hind legs and starts frothing at the mouth...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/22/bruce-springsteen-live-review-sunderland?INTCMP=SRCH

(scroll down to comments section)

Guys, you're right, I am an idiot and clearly did not check my geography. In mitigation, I actually wrote the review in Newcastle. Upon Tyne.

:laugh:

Another review calls the ground 'a Tupperware box'

Guest Geordiesned

Been at Chilis gig tonight.

The Futureheads were playing their first ever gig at the SOL, the ground of the team they support in the city they were brought up in. A proud moment you would think and a time to celebrate all things Sunderland?

They sang "you sad bastard, you play in black and white".

Cheesy chip anyone?

The Futureheads were playing their first ever gig at the SOL, the ground of the team they support in the city they were brought up in. A proud moment you would think and a time to celebrate all things Sunderland?

They sang "you sad b******, you play in black and white".

Cheesy chip anyone?

none of them support sunderland.  They were on soccer am donkeys ago - at least one supports Everton ffs.  :lol:

Cheesy chip anyone?

Purposely missed these due to them being from Sunderland like. And the fact that they're shite.

Cheesy chip anyone?

Purposely missed these due to them being from Sunderland like. And the fact that they're s****.

debut album was canny and so was the hounds of love cover.

Cheesy chip anyone?

Purposely missed these due to them being from Sunderland like. And the fact that they're s****.

Aye the fact that they're onto their 5th album with basically no recognition says a lot though.

Cheesy chip anyone?

Aye the fact that they're onto their 5th album with basically no recognition says a lot though.

fieldmusic get similarly little recognition but are fantastic, mackems aswell.

Toy Dolls are great.

Do the Angelic Upstarts count (I know they're technically Sand Dancers, but I had heard at least one of them supported Sunderland)? I loved them back in the 80s.

Then it gets thin music-wise for me regarding makems.

The best Futureheads album is This Is Not The World by a long shot, give it a listen or 2 if you don't believe me. Always only been mildly keen on their other stuff and they were a bit off the radar when that came out but it's fantastic.

Toy Dolls are great.

Do the Angelic Upstarts count (I know they're technically Sand Dancers, but I had heard at least one of them supported Sunderland)? I loved them back in the 80s.

Then it gets thin music-wise for me regarding makems.

Bryan Ferry?

Seen Field Music 3 or 4 times, thought they were s****.

Thanks WBCP, I had no idea Bryan Ferry was a makem. All of his Roxy Music pre-Avalon stuff was good. SO okay another to add to the list.