sunderland

JH

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had an electrician around the other day. He was a mackem. When he found out I was a 'Mag' he became all bitter and childish. Told me that he had tickets for 'an FA Cup quarter final' in a patronising (lol), childish tone. Also said he had his tickets, travel and accommodation booked for Wembley :lol: Then said how sick we're going to be seeing them lift the cup and doing nothing on Thursday nights next season. Oh well.... :lol:

Ring him and ask him to come back out and look at your telly. Tell him it must be fucked cos Sunderland got howked out the cup on it last night.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Had an electrician around the other day. He was a mackem. When he found out I was a 'Mag' he became all bitter and childish. Told me that he had tickets for 'an FA Cup quarter final' in a patronising (lol), childish tone. Also said he had his tickets, travel and accommodation booked for Wembley :lol: Then said how sick we're going to be seeing them lift the cup and doing nothing on Thursday nights next season. Oh well.... :lol:

Ring him and ask him to come back out and look at your telly. Tell him it must be fucked cos Sunderland got howked out the cup on it last night.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie Freestein II 

They've been building for the last 10 years though, with a decent manager. Albeit with a lack of funds but Fellaini cost about £15M IIRC, Jelavic £7M, Baines £5 or 6M etc. so he has invested a bit of cash.

Spot on. The line that Moyes hasn't had much money to spend is a myth.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=687006&page=2#ixzz1qOxktXbP

To the chimes of Big Ben - wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.... wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I understand the people who leave 89th minute or whatever to try and beat traffic and even that is strange reason. Can't wrap my head around giving up the support rather than trying to help the team come back at 1-0/2-0 down. That sort of 'support' has to reflect onto the team as well.

Fellaini and Osman, on their day, can win us matches. No doubt about that. They dominated the midfield last night - Osman in particular made their players look like fools on a number of occasions. Fellaini just dominated like the beast he is. Cahill gave his best performance of the season IMO and Jelavic was tremendous up front, despite missing a one on one. This was all without Pienaar and Drenthe, too.

You see performances like that and you wonder how we can play so shit for such long chunks of the season, year after year. It's bloody frustrating because we have the players available to play some very nice football, as shown last night.

Fellaini and Osman, on their day, can win us matches. They dominated the midfield last night - Osman in particular made their players look like fools on a number of occasions. Fellaini just dominated like the beast he is. Cahill gave his best performance of the season IMO and Jelavic was tremendous up front, despite missing a one on one. This was all without Pienaar and Drenthe, too.

You see performances like that and you wonder how we can play so shit for such long chunks of the season, year after year. It's bloody frustrating because we have the players available to play some very nice football, as shown last night.

Would you say that you are where you in spite of your manager, rather than because of him, Neil?... :shifty:

Guest Roger Kint

That would be the same Everton who got £55m for Rooney & Lescott and probably a few other sales i cant think of? They are first to bring up that sort of stat when its about them the thick twats  :lol:

Quote:

They've been building for the last 10 years though, with a decent manager. Albeit with a lack of funds but Fellaini cost about £15M IIRC, Jelavic £7M, Baines £5 or 6M etc. so he has invested a bit of cash.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=687006&page=2#ixzz1qOxktXbP

To the chimes of Big Ben - wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.... wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Net spend comparisons don't apply around these parts fella. You've spent loads.

Quote:

Net spend comparisons don't apply around these parts fella. You've spent loads.

I mean, by my personal standards, we're astronomically rich and we've spent absoutely loads. Can't believe we've not won the World Cup yet.

They seem to be taking a silver lining out of it in that if Everton can so comprehensively beat Pennywell Barcelona then they'll definitely overtake us for 6th.

While the rest of them are so encamped in the 'FA cup is more important than the league' opinion (driven by them bing in it, us being out if it and us ahead in the league) that the last 8 games mean nowt, doesn't matter where they finish.  :lol:

They seem to be taking a silver lining out of it in that if Everton can so comprehensively beat Pennywell Barcelona then they'll definitely overtake us for 6th.

Really, with us 10 points ahead with only 8 games to play and having 3-4 very winnable games and on our day being able to give anyone a game?

You would have thought that they would had more confidence in themselves being able to overtake us since they are closer to us than Everton are in the league.

To be fair it still does surprise me how much you spent on Fellaini. Very good player, but fucking hell. Everton spending £15m. :lol:

It was a bit of a shock. Deadline day, and there's a late megabucks signing right on the stroke of midnight! There's me pondering which promising European bloke Spurs have splashed out on, only to hear the phrase "David Moyes said...." Err, what? :lol:

Really, with us 10 points ahead with only 8 games to play and having 3-4 very winnable games and on our day being able to give anyone a game?

It would be tragic to throw it away, especially with their next two games, realistically they've got 6 games and if they win each one 3 wins for us and were done.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think we'll be alright for 6th, I think some of Sunderland's drive will be lost now, can see them slipping down the table.

I think we'll be alright for 6th, I think some of Sunderland's drive will be lost now, can see them slipping down the table.

The Liverpool game for me is key to us finishing 6th, certainly we should ok for 7th but if we lose on Sunday then Liverpool have a pretty good run in while we still have 3 games that I wouldn't expect anything from.

Aren't Liverpool irrelevant to us in terms of the league?

If they finish 6th and we finish 7th don't we still make the Europa League as long as Everton don't make the cup final?