sunderland

JH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/mar/28/racism-football-sol-campbell-garth-crooks

That encapsulated Crooks's forthrightness, with the other speaker, Sol Campbell, on the game's battle against racism, whose renewal has served up this season's ugliest surprise. Crooks, who forged his First Division playing career through the spit and monkey chants of the 1970s and 1980s, and Campbell, who recalled feeling "physically sick" at the first Premier League abuse he suffered, at Sunderland's old ground, spoke directly of the serious work that needs still to be done.

"I am from Newham, one of the most multicultural places in Britain," Campbell said. "The first time I experienced abuse was at Roker Park, it was an old-fashioned ground, and there were pockets of monkey chants around the ground. I felt physically sick, but I was young, I had to keep my focus, and get through it."

Guest Roger Kint

San Siro was the best one I have experienced

About 250 of us just ended up in a heap

Shearer Inter Milan in the normal place - 3rd result down.

Would have loved to have been there, best i was in was probably Shearers goal at OT v Sheffield Utd in the semi's. Their entire main stand was shaking, stewards were telling us afterwards it was the best they had ever seen/heard it.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Mackems at the SoS this year and West Brom away in the championship when duff scored, Bolton was class on boxing day to.

As expected the local TV sports presenters very soft and "touchy feely" about Marty and their woeful display.

I'm sure the Tyne Tees sports news bloke is a mackem. Might explain it.

Mackemedia? makes you sick

As expected the local TV sports presenters very soft and "touchy feely" about Marty and their woeful display.

I'm sure the Tyne Tees sports news bloke is a mackem. Might explain it.

Mackemedia? makes you sick

It is rediculos when MON came in and that shitty team started doing well, all the news reader were saying that the players were class, and that he's the one who had got them to were they were, but when we've been performing like we have all season, it due to dumb luck, piss's me off.

Guest Phil K

Odd poll. I am in fits of laughter. What colour would that be ?

On the exit from the cup, I felt O'Neil was genuinely shocked and disappointed by the pathetic display.

San Siro was the best one I have experienced

About 250 of us just ended up in a heap

Shearer Inter Milan in the normal place - 3rd result down.

Would have loved to have been there, best i was in was probably Shearers goal at OT v Sheffield Utd in the semi's. Their entire main stand was shaking, stewards were telling us afterwards it was the best they had ever seen/heard it.

Remember both of those - actually being able to feel the top tier at OT moving was a mental sensation, but the San Siro was probably my number 1 as well - the seats had no backs on so there was nothing to stop everyone falling in one big heap, especially when Shearer netted right in front of us.  :frantic:

In the interests of keeping this post on-topic, I can confirm I didn't see any mackems.

:lol: Neil coming up against a prime example of a horrifically deluded Mackem on my Facebook.

He still has his profile picture of him holding a sign saying 'Lets All Laugh at Newcastle' from when we went down.

Still don't think he's realised the idiocy of going "Haha, Newcastle got knocked out by Brighton in the earlier stages this season." I thought I'd be relatively polite since I don't know him.

:lol: Neil coming up against a prime example of a horrifically deluded Mackem on my Facebook.

He still has his profile picture of him holding a sign saying 'Lets All Laugh at Newcastle' from when we went down.

Still don't think he's realised the idiocy of going "Haha, Newcastle got knocked out by Brighton in the earlier stages this season." I thought I'd be relatively polite since I don't know him.

:lol: It's annoying. I used to work with him and he's a decent lad, but the delusion is unbearable and he an active 'FTM' kind of mackem, unfortunately. He always bites. It's a prime example of the inferiority complex they seem to breed there. I'm not sure whether to keep it going or just end it there. If I keep it going I guarantee you'll start to get royally fucking pissed off by him, even if he's not talking towards you. He just comes out with the type of reading that makes you more and more infuriated with each word you read.

Last time I was face to face with a sunderland fan, it was before term started and my housemate brought him over to come out on a night out with me and my girlfriend. I got fucking trashed and on the taxi on the way to Digital I got the taxi driver onside and apparently had a real go at the mackem! Chants and shit...:lol: can't even remember it tbh but he's never spoken to me since.

The mackem at work was fine about the Everton game when I said that own goal was a blinder, he admitted they were shite and deserved to get beat and that Everton were by far the better team. He looked gutted but took it well.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I try to avoid football talk with my Mackem mates. Any slight criticism of Sunderland and they instantly flip in to defence mode

Mackem 'class', it just oozes  :idiot2:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=687359

Stuck in a time warp the sad fuckers - probably reflecting the place they live in.  In fairness though it seems like the more sensible fans shot him down quickly.

The sad thing is that when that stuff was sadly prevalent in football they were regarded as a pushover, but since the internet arrived they've become the hardest thing around. That idiot wireside who used to come on here is probably a prime example.

Guest pintofscottsellers

I only know a couple of mackems and they both seem to be areet to talk to when it comes to football. That RTG is full of absolute morons though, am actually on it quite often for its comedy value, not registered like, fuck that. 

Guest pintofscottsellers

For crowd reactions , i enjoyed the game at Boro in the Championship when Carroll scored a late equalizer. It all went a bit berserk after he scored.

Aye that was class, then singing Where Newcastle and were gonna win the league