sunderland

JH

Given that they've won five of their last six, this would probably take them to the Champions League :lol:

:laugh:

Maybe not so literally but I do think they'll continue to do well.

We just need to accept that at some point, because of the law of averages, they are going to have good period. We just need to take it on the chin and take comfort in the fact that for the majority of the recent past, we have been the lucky ones laughing at them.

Guest ykmkmdd

He has them defending very deep and hitting fast on the break, much the same as he used to do at Villa with Agbonlahor and Young. Not especially pretty but certainly effective at the moment.

He has them defending very deep and hitting fast on the break, much the same as he used to do at Villa with Agbonlahor and Young. Not especially pretty but certainly effective at the moment.

Aye they're exceptionately organised at the moment.

No real surprise O'Neill has turned them round, he was the ideal man to take over the gutless mess of a team Bruce left him. He's given them belief and it shows, credit to them for their recent form.

The derby is going to be a cracking game tbh, we,ll not have it easy.

Guest ykmkmdd

Aye they're exceptionately organised at the moment.

They are, but it's a lot easier to be organised with 8 men always behind the ball.

Bit of a worry for the derby, as they basically play the same way as West Brom did at our place....

The derby is going to be immense, the fact that there will actually be two teams playing for the first time in a long while should make it very tense, but ultimately much more satisfying when the Dembai tear them apart.

The derby'll be brilliant as I think we'll raise our game again like we did against Man Utd. Crowd will be massive for us.

That's one thing about 'this group of lads' whenever the crowd has been on it we've invariably won.

I'm still worried like, they could have 0pts from 37games and I'd worry about the derby.

they were lucky Huth should never of been sent off, the pitch was diabolical just a matter of time before they collapse

Good recent results but not playing particularly impressively and not good to watch. Getting a lot of good fortune and refereeing decisions too.

It's given the players  belief, although unsurprisingly the half wits who support them are getting a tad carried away.

Going to hammer us in the derby, again, obviously. FTM.

Well done sunderland,McLean and sessegnon are quality.wickham looks like he'll be good too.think they don't have much quality at the back and they need a proper striker.o'neill is an excellent motivator but they'll struggle to get players who wish to sign for them and I'm not sure they have a lot of financial depth.if they do,o'neill will bring in some useless wank.see you in march where we will win

They've got a tricky away Derby to Boro just a few days before they play Arsenal on the saturday, can see them losing both narrowly and their confidence taking a dint.

I would be slightly nervous if the Derby was next week.

They've got a tricky away Derby to Boro just a few days before they play Arsenal on the saturday, can see them losing both narrowly and their confidence taking a dint.

I would be slightly nervous if the Derby was next week.

Boro might have no strikers, Emnes and Haroun went off injured today and MacDonald is knacked too.

I can see the derby being an absolutely intense experience in a month's time; first time i'm gonna go all out to get myself a ticket. Them improving will inject an even bigger atmosphere than normal, i reckon. 

Potential to be a brilliant game if both sides maintain good form over the next few weeks.

They were bound to improve under O'Neill but there's still nowt in their side that really frightens me.

Guest palnese

We'll win the derby, finish above them, the lot.

They're on a decent run, but that'll stop sooner rather than later.

I think.

I hope.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

They won't come here and successfully shut up shop and hit us on the break. Their players won't be able to handle the pressure, they never can.

They've got a much better man manager and motivator now, though.