sunderland

JH

"Bruce sign knacker didnt what a cisse"

Eh? :lol:

:lol:

Claiming it was a fluke FFS. What else do they think he was trying to do, thump it out for a goal kick?

right now mackematics is basically saying, let rtg choose ten games for them (post marty honeymoon period) and put them up against 5 games this season hand picked by them nufc games added to two 2-1's up here, a 2-1 down there, the 4-1 rowell hat trick and the 9-1. therefore they've really been better than us this season.

"Bruce sign knacker didnt what a cisse"

Eh? :lol:

It disproves the theory, that if you put Thousands of Monkeys in a Room with Keyboards eventually they will type something understandable.

It's hard to take. Watching them at moment. It pains me but they are light years ahead of us now. Oneil has some work to do in the summer, but we wi make headway on them. We desperately need to get a good price for Gyan and buy 2 proven lightning fast goals scorers for 10million plus each and Kevin Davies

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=696874&page=2#ixzz1tmtn1u85

:serious:

Why would anybody even want Kevin Davies in their team, hes getting on now, rarely scores and barely moves.

He's been rubbish for about 5 years now and even in his prime he was never particularly prolific.  I'm just chuckling at the fact they want two £10m+ strikers AND Kevin Davies.  It's like someone saying 'I'm going to buy a Ferrari, a Maserati and I think i'll get that 20 year old rusty yellow Fiat Punto too.'

SAFC can match NUFC's Euro push

SUNDERLAND captain Lee Cattermole believes the success of arch-rivals

Newcastle United should act as an inspiration for his own team to challenge for the Champions League next season. Because he believes Alan Pardew and his players have proved you don't need to

splash out hundreds of millions of pounds to at least have hope of becoming a top-four Premier League side.

Cattermole (pictured) risked incurring the wrath of his own fans for daring to throw any sort praise the way of Tyneside, but he did stress that despite Sunderland being some away from Newcastle this season in terms of points and places, he does not think there is anything between the teams in terms of ability.

Martin O'Neill has injected a huge amount of optimism into the Sunderland supporters who are already counting down the days until August when next season begins.

And the Stadium of Light skipper, having watched Newcastle's rise to the top, insists that gone are the days when entry into the top four was only for clubs with massive fortunes to spend on a yearly basis.

Cattermole said: 'It's good for the Premier League to see what Newcastle United have done this season. They are up there, in and around the Champions League places, and it gives us something to aim for.

'We are not far short of them to be honest. In the games we have played against them, I think we have been stronger than Newcastle, but we will see what happens next season.

'I think it's good for the Premier League that there are other sides willing to press on and push themselves up against the likes of Tottenham and Everton. Teams, I believe, are starting to catch up a little bit.'

Cattermole did not hesitate to place his own club with those names who have, in recent years, regularly challenged for a European place. Sunderland have only qualified for Europe once in their history, following their 1973 FA Cup final success, and the club captain was adamant that record can be vastly improved when the manager puts together his own team over the summer.

He said: 'Martin O'Neill (right) is a great manager and we are a massive club. The boss has so much experience and I think if you look around all the other top clubs in the Premier League then Sunderland are right up there. 'Outside the top four we are as big as anyone and that is where we need to be in the future. 'We need to aim high and under the manager I am sure it is going to be an exciting few years for Sunderland fans.'

Cattermole does not agree with the critics of English football who have claimed there has been a drop-off in terms of quality this season.

In fact, he believes more teams attempt to play in the proper manner than ever before, with the likes of Norwich City and Swansea providing a breath of fresh in their first outing in the top flight.

He said: 'There is not a single easy game in the Premier League these days. All teams have got ability in them and there is a lot more football being played.

'There are a lot of strong teams in the league and a lot of sides can finish up there in the top places. Our job is to make sure we are one of them as we have got great support and brilliant manager in place now.'

Sunderland travel to Fulham on Sunday and Cattermole and his team-mates are determined to get a victory that has eluded them in recent weeks.

He said: 'It's still a big match this weekend. Fulham is always a tough place to go

and we know what we are up against.'

Mental.