sunderland

JH

VURNON Anita has set out his desire to become a central midfield general for Newcastle United this season – after revealing he turned down interest from North East rivals Sunderland to complete his £6.7million move from Ajax.

Do you think we just get players to say this to fuck them off?  :lol:

Didn't they get rid of their overseas scouting network?

Didn't we then employ their chief scout into our scouting system?

I'd probably hasten to guess that's why they don't look abroad now...that and that bouncing leprechaun doesn't do anything other than british or established (old) players.

That's a well written article, and seems to be written by someone channelling my opinions on him.

Is it someone on here?

I'd just add that he never really did Heskey on for Carew, it tended to be Steve Sidwell on on 75 minutes. In fact, no "tended to be" about it, it was almost every week

That's a well written article, and seems to be written by someone channelling my opinions on him.

Is it someone on here?

I'd just add that he never really did Heskey on for Carew, it tended to be Steve Sidwell on on 75 minutes. In fact, no "tended to be" about it, it was almost every week

Pilko =  :smugdog:

Didn't they get rid of their overseas scouting network?

Didn't we then employ their chief scout into our scouting system?

I'd probably hasten to guess that's why they don't look abroad now...that and that bouncing leprechaun doesn't do anything other than british or established (old) players.

That thing about only having one man, Storey-Moore, and zero scouting network is absolutely true.

In fact, one of the first things Lerner told Houllier was to sort scouting out, which he started doing. Lambert has just appointed Michael Henke who was at Bayern and Dortmund to run our European scouting.

Finally, we're in the 21st century. Martin's ways were determinedly 20th century.

At least with Mike's 'buy 'em young, sell on for a profit' plan, we get to enjoy seeing talent develop.

SAFC is like a retirement home for has beens.

Their heartbreak is a retirement.

Our heartbreak is 35 million pound transfer.

Artie was on Look North before taking questions from the fans.  One of which was asking if he thinks it's the right course of action to solely depend on the UK market for players and would he ever look abroad.  His response:

"I would answer the question if I could understand it"

Cue background chuckling from his media chums

Artie was on Look North before taking questions from the fans.  One of which was asking if he thinks it's the right course of action to solely depend on the UK market for players and would he ever look abroad.  His response:

"I would answer the question if I could understand it"

Cue background chuckling from his media chums

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wp-content-uploads-2008-11-neo.jpg