sunderland

JH

Marra is a Geordie word, and like most it comes from the pits. It has fuck all to do with just Shields or the Mackems. At one time was used all over the north east, but is not in popular usage If you require proof google 'Larn yasel Geordie' that should put you right

Not sure that theyve made any significant improvement overall apart from Johnson and he comes with a significant risk involved, especially having stated previously he was a Newcastle fan as a lad - and we all know how macums treat them when things start going badly!

Cuellar in - Richardson out - mmm...probably a net loss there.

Bendtner out - Fletcher in - not sure. Failed to score against a Unibond club the other night, doesn't look fit and the fans were on his back already according to the SMB. Then Artie goes and hauls him off half way through. Doesn't look good for him.

At least he hasn't been out in town on a car wrecking spree with Cattermole. Not yet anyway.

Not sure that theyve made any significant improvement overall apart from Johnson and he comes with a significant risk involved, especially having stated previously he was a Newcastle fan as a lad - and we all know how macums treat them when things start going badly!

Bendtner out - Fletcher in - not sure. Failed to score against a Unibond club the other night, doesn't look fit and the fans were on his back already according to the SMB. Then Artie goes and hauls him off half way through. Doesn't look good for him.

At least he hasn't been out in town on a car wrecking spree with Cattermole. Not yet anyway.

After 60 minutes of football where he had a poor game against an awful side that now means his future at the mackems 'doesn't look good for him'.

What an awful evaluation.

:facepalm:

After 60 minutes of football where he had a poor game against an awful side that now means his future at the mackems 'doesn't look good for him'.

What an awful evaluation.

:facepalm:

Brett you're obviously missing the point of this topic. It's all about ripping the piss out of the mackems - something which is part of a Geordie's birthright. There are plenty of other topics in which to indulge in serious discussion and opinions.

My mistake then, just that whole post (bar the last sentence) seemed to be you seriously diagnosing how the mackems haven't improved, which seemed a good post till your horrific evaluation of Fletcher (but you were joking of course).

Meh, they've spent a shit-ton of money to go from lower-mid table to upper-mid table.

Fletcher's pretty good and Johnson is fantastic on his day but these two players don't represent a massive leap,forward for them. They're just about as threatening as they were with Bent and Gyan.

Meh, they've spent a shit-ton of money to go from lower-mid table to upper-mid table.

Fletcher's pretty good and Johnson is fantastic on his day but these two players don't represent a massive leap,forward for them. They're just about as threatening as they were with Bent and Gyan.

I disagree, aye they're not going to be up there but if I were a Mackem (I thank myself every day that I'm not) but I'd be delighted with their window so far.

Agree. Fletcher wont contribute more than Bendtner did and Johnson is overrated. It will take them from a relegation fight into mid-table mediocrity. Plus they've spent far too much getting there.

Guest neesy111

I think Fletcher will give them more than Bendtner did. He has a much better attitude and work rate on the pitch.

Bendtners still not found a move? Poor dickhead.

Off to Juve apparently.

This is a brilliant article.

It is about what Lambert is trying to change with us, primarily, but it is also about MON's antiquated approach to the game, and is something Sunderland fans should really be reading.

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/statszone/archive/2012/08/30/lambert-tries-to-drag-anachronistic-villa-into-modernity.aspx

Brilliant read. No doubt it will be instantly dismissed by macums blinded by the the glow of their love affair with Marty. The same type of love they had for Keane and Bruce before him.

Must say I was worried that they'd go for a Lambert/Rodgers/Adkins type appointment when they binned Brucie. Delighted when they went down the Marty path.

When is Ellis Short going to get bored of giving them thirty mill a year?

When they go into administration. Here's a question that I should probably put in the daft football questions thread, but, most football clubs are in a lot of debt, certainly the ones in the PL. They're in this debt because obviously their owners have taken out loans rather than paying from their own pocket. Since the financial meltdown do we know if banks are still as willing to loan money to clubs?