sunderland

JH

Johnson got booed when he was hauled off tonight. Could be Marty's worst signing ever.

Shades of when we signed Duff.

Player stepping down from a PL winning side to a going nowhere set of has beens. He just can't be arsed, the lad knows his career has already peaked.

Johnson got booed when he was hauled off tonight. Could be Marty's worst signing ever.

Curtis Davies 10m or so and Heskey plus 3 year deal take some beating

3.5 yr deal, I think you'll find.

MON doesn't really do many big-fee poor signings, what he does is mid-range fee signings that he then instantly decides are shit (Shorey, Harewood, Sidwell) or who the whole football world said "he's shit" and then turn out to be, well, shit.

His lack of imagination means that his transfer policy turns into "throw enough darts, eventually one will hit the bullseye"

Tried telling my mackem mate this when he joined them, but he was totally not having it, despite the glaring evidence of recent years at VP.

Curtis Davies 10m or so and Heskey plus 3 year deal take some beating

3.5 yr deal, I think you'll find.

MON doesn't really do many big-fee poor signings, what he does is mid-range fee signings that he then instantly decides are shit (Shorey, Harewood, Sidwell) or who the whole football world said "he's shit" and then turn out to be, well, shit.

His lack of imagination means that his transfer policy turns into "throw enough darts, eventually one will hit the bullseye"

Tried telling my mackem mate this when he joined them, but he was totally not having it, despite the glaring evidence of recent years at VP.

christ

its shocking none of the media have picked up on just how shit they are doing, this isn't a new thing its going back to  the fa cup defeat to everton last season

Incidentally, I know I go on and on about MON, but in my defence, pretty much everything I say about the bloke is demonstrably easy to back up with actual evidence.

I'm happy to acknowledge that sixth place three times on the bounce was a decent - not earth shattering, as David O'Leary achieved the same finish three years previously, but decent - achievement. I just think that he has a small number of costly flaws which are visible from space.

The only thing is, the media seem almost entirely unwilling to admit it. I notice even Sunderland fans seem to be cottoning on now, mind.

Hope they lose to a Darren Bent goal at the weekend, might be a full on riot in that scenario.

Bent won't start and probably won't get on the pitch.

Benteke will play alone up front, certainly if Lambert has spotted what most Villa fans have this season.

Bent is a cracking goal scorer, but we're much better when he doesn't play, as he offers bugger all else to the team. I know that sounds mental, but it's true.