sunderland

JH

Guest Howaythetoon

Does anyone else think Di Canio is trying a bit too hard to be seen as some kind of uber disciplinarian/new way of thinking type coach? It all comes across as a bit false and overly attention seeking.

His tactics may draw short-term benefits but long-term, footballers do not like to be treated with disdain, especially by their manager, nor made to feel like shit.

He can do as he pleases regarding the playing staff because he has the owner and the fans' 100% backing but once results go wrong that will quickly dissipate leaving the players, as always, once more in the much stronger position.

He'll either literally be their KK or fail spectacularly bad. My money is on the latter. The man is an idiot.

I still cannot believe we lost to this cretin or that shower... :(

Does anyone else think Di Canio is trying a bit too hard to be seen as some kind of uber disciplinarian/new way of thinking type coach? It all comes across as a bit false and overly attention seeking.

His tactics may draw short-term benefits but long-term, footballers do not like to be treated with disdain, especially by their manager, nor made to feel like s***.

He can do as he pleases regarding the playing staff because he has the owner and the fans' 100% backing but once results go wrong that will quickly dissipate leaving the players, as always, once more in the much stronger position.

He'll either literally be their KK or fail spectacularly bad. My money is on the latter. The man is an idiot.

I still cannot believe we lost to this cretin or that shower... :(

Oh yeah.

Seen all this clampdown stuff before with Keane.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seen all this clampdown stuff before with Keane.

Aye, Keane was loathed by the end. There is some funny old stories about his time doing the rounds over there. Apparently he once threatened to sack every single pro player and told them he had that power. All because they lost a match...

Fergie ruled by fear but only by the fear of failing to achieve success. In short if you didn't cut the grade you were out. He was a father figure to all his players though and set up a system at Man Utd where all the players pretty much get a personal help hotline to help them with all kinds of stuff so they can fully concentrate on their football.

You cannot run a club on discipline and fear alone. It never ever works.

They should, if they can, start steering away from loan deals. The last few seasons, they've brought players in on loan who have, in all fairness, done a cracking job for them, but the season after they're back at their parent club and Sunderland are left with a hole to fill in their squad.

Still interested in how Di Canio will do there. It'll either go horribly wrong for them next year and they'll be in the relegation zones by Christmas, or they'll finish lower mid table. Don't think he'll get them any higher than that. Appears to be a great motivator but I'm still unsure just how he differs tactically. Interesting to see what his eye for a player for the top flight is like too. This summer will be a great indication of just what kind of football he'll want Sunderland to play next year.

Was interesting seeing Keane's comments recently on Ferguson. He dismissed this whole hair dryer thing and said one of the things that made Ferguson such a great manager was his ability to work out players and how best to motivate them. Some responded better to being torn apart, some needed and arm around them etc..

I don't see PDC having this ability, he will just go mental a lot and although that will work with some others will fall apart. He went through a shit load of players at Swindon and I bet it is because a lot just couldn't cope with his approach.

I am obviously biased but I can't see this ending well for them, thankfully.

Posted elsewhere as I thought  this was football only not general Mackem bashing:

It seems one of the best looking lasses in Sunderland is a bloke

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10418984.Dancer_takes_beauty_contest_by_storm_as_first_transgender_finalist/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"eeyer, marra, if yew look past the fact shey yewsed to av a cock, she's bonny"

On Subotic

Would love to see us sign him in the summer, proper defender in the John Terry/Beckenbaeur mould.

To the people who don't know him he's a German centre back for Dortmund who's struggling to get games there. If the Mags got Mbiwa from the French champions surely we could get a back up defender for a top German side?

Statement of intent IMO

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=782397#ixzz2Tfi62bRY

Words...