Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am gradually accepting that I will not be getting a ticket for this. Still should be a good trip though.

Me too, although its not so much me that I'm worried about as I have 15 points, the Mrs only has a couple of loyalty points so as it drops in blocks of 5 or 10, that might as well be nil.  Think I'd be off the team for quite some time if I left her on her own whilst I went to the match......presuming that 15 points would be enough anyway, which is starting to look a bit dicey.

I'm clinging on to the hope that the authorities might intervene and encourage FC Brugge to give us a decent allocation, in order to avoid (what they will perceive) up to 7-8k dafties drinking non stop and terrorising the city centre.  I'm sure I read somewhere that the stadium is a couple of miles out of town, so that would at least install a potential 3-4 hour alcohol free window, something I'm sure the Belgian Polis would welcome.

I emailed the club box office about non-members/season ticket holders and got this reply:

"Tickets for this game will be strictly limited to season ticket holders and club members I'm afraid, as it is likely to be in very high demand."

:(

Pretty much knew it would be limited to members and ST holders like any away games .... i'm just wondering about how many points it'll start on and how quickly it'll drop.

Even though it'll be a great couple of days without a ticket, I'm going to be fucking gutted if I don't get my grubby mits on one.

Am looking to go to the Bordeaux game, what do you reckon is the most cost-effective way of getting there? I'd probs book wed-friday of work. Was considering driving but like 1000-odd miles is a trek and would take a whole day in itself just to get there

Guest Roger Kint

Am looking to go to the Bordeaux game, what do you reckon is the most cost-effective way of getting there? I'd probs book wed-friday of work. Was considering driving but like 1000-odd miles is a trek and would take a whole day in itself just to get there

Have a look at the train prices all the way through. Failing that Edinburgh flights will be released soon hopefully

Have a look at the train prices all the way through. Failing that Edinburgh flights will be released soon hopefully

I checked the Eurostar site and is the nearest stop Avignon? doesnt look overly close...why couldn't we have just drawn Malaga? much easier to travel to, have had £25 flights in the past

I got flights and 2 nights in a hotel for £177. Flying from Gatwick so just going to get Megabus down to London.

Megabus 1.30 am from Newcastle to London

Arrive London 9am followed by a breakfast and a few pints

Taxi to Gatwick around 1pm

Fly at 3.00pm

Stay in Bordeaux on the Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Got a feeling I won't get a ticket either.  Usually use my mate's ST's, as he has 4 tickets with points ranging from 50 odd to 90 odd.

But if you have to give passport detials, then I'll be stumped surely?  I'm on his Friends and Family link and I reckon I can defintely get one, just need 2 more ideally.

If not, watching it in a bar or on a big screen somewhere will be good.  Would consider the home end as well TBF.

I got flights and 2 nights in a hotel for £177. Flying from Gatwick so just going to get Megabus down to London.

Fly at 3.00pm

Fly at 3.00pm

Have you ever been to Gatwick before?

It's actually closer to Brighton than it is to London so will cost almost much for taxi to Gatwick as it has for the rest of your trip.

I checked the Eurostar site and is the nearest stop Avignon? doesnt look overly close...why couldn't we have just drawn Malaga? much easier to travel to, have had £25 flights in the past

because they're in the Champions League?

Not going to any of the away games, but still excited to see pictures of black and white shirts in European cities again :aww:

One of my favourite pictures was a big banner at Marseille in the UEFA Cup that sai 'Bonjour Marseille, Vive le Toon'

I think it'll go to 0 points. I've no information to suggest this will be the case, but if we get 5/6k tickets as Birmingham did ST holders should be fine.

Not so sure meself. Every fucker I speak to is going, the demand will be massive. I reckon we will take well over 10k there, hopefully they give us the full stand which I think holds about 6500. I'm in a group of about 18, points varying. I hope we all get tickets, can't see it though.

Direct from Edinburgh?

Guest neesy111

Released???.  Most of the seats have gone from the flights up there.

Plan if i can't get a ticket: land in brugge thursday morning drink some 'blow your tits off' beer till the ferry home on friday night

cry into my beer whilst watching the match at some point in the middle

Man you should at least kick over a sign, steal a traffic cone or grope a foreign woman in there somewhere. You have a reputation to uphold you know.