Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest insanzada

:thup: Artur Jorge has possibly the best moustache is football history btw.

That c*nt. Was a Benfica Legend, one of the greatest and then goes to the rival, wins a lot there, comes to Benfica and complitely destroys a very good squad.

It's like Fenerbahce but with less shitness, oh how the mood will change after they win a couple of soft FKs in the first leg as per every Portuguese team in history.

Can't speak for all. But from me expect nothing but courtesy and respect. Mark my words. In victory or in defeat.

I'm talking from our POV. I don't mind it so much personally but the gamesmanship and general play of European teams goes down not so well on here

Guest Red Zeppelin

Now this is a moustache!!

http://s13.postimage.org/ulq4gfo5j/Cosme_Dami_o.jpg

Cosme Damião <3 <3 <3

Guest insanzada

:thup: Artur Jorge has possibly the best moustache is football history btw.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xjgWKl2bqJE/TMdBsmKeteI/AAAAAAAAAYE/dfB1_qmeKrg/s1600/290883.jpeg

Sá Pinto punched him in the face in 1997

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not hard enough!

It's like Fenerbahce but with less shitness, oh how the mood will change after they win a couple of soft FKs in the first leg as per every Portuguese team in history.

Can't speak for all. But from me expect nothing but courtesy and respect. Mark my words. In victory or in defeat.

I'm talking from our POV. I don't mind it so much personally but the gamesmanship and general play of European teams goes down not so well on here

Sorry misunderstood your words. I understand that. I find it normal. Personally I appreciate very much the intensity and toughness of Premier League, but it's all about the refs. The ref stop whissling at any touch and in a few minutes no one falls to the ground

Guest Nick Valensi

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hE1fLQMVB88/SdYxZXG0z8I/AAAAAAAAIos/h8t6XIfnzV0/s400/Chalana.jpg

nailed it

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

Given that this thread is riddled with Benifca I've got a few Q's...

What do you make of your own (and Porto) reliance on South American players, do you think it's restricting Portuguese players breaking through?

What do you make of the new money teams in Europe?

The Portuguese league is never going to get any bigger the way European football is going, does this annoy you?

Would you like to see an Iberian league at some stage?

1 - yes, a lot but ... it works for us. The thing is that we can't afford to keep our best players, so it's better to go and buy players from wider markets rather than restringe ourselves to our small base. We constantly have to replace our best players so if we want to keep the level up, we have to go for the best quality avaliable rather than looking at the nationality and try to build a long term squad.

2 - Well... it's a bit frustrating for a side like us, with a great history, not being able to compete financially with but for instance, at the begining of last season we bought the Belgian MF Axel Witsel for 8 K and a year later came Zenit St Petersburg and bought him from us for 40 K! So we can't complain  :tongue: Or Chelsea woh signed David Luiz for 25 M + Matic..... Who nowadays is probably our best player  >:D We need the transfer incomes in order to be competitive (we receive ridiculously low money from TV rights and publicity) so we have to rely on that and merchandising to maintain a strong budget.

3 - We can't do much about it, it's not our fault :tickedoff: But it has always been that way, the real annoying thing is that it keeps us from signing certain players who don't want to play in our league because they think it's not big enough :weep:

4- No, that doesn't make sense. We're two different countries,with  two different football histories. Our league may be weaker but there's still some decent football and it's our country  :aww: Plus, the social impact of Benfica in Portugal is too important to be dismissed.

Guest Karel Alinho

Hello Newcastle fans!!!

Thank you for allowing me to be here! I haven't seen too much NUFC games this year, but it's a club which i have a very special esteem!

It will be a great match between our clubs, for sure!!

By the way, the Taylor show in the last game was magnificent!!  O0

Guest Andris

Hello Newcastle fans! :)

I hope it will be 2 good legs, but Benfica we'll win, of course. :cool:

Btw, enjoy Lisbon and our stadium.

Guest Phil K

Hi Benfica lads ! Nice to see you on here. Hope to see you in a few weeks time, with you being very miffed at the way the games have gone, and showing another side to your excellent character on here, 12th April  !    :iamatwat: O0

We'll be happy to see you here in our beloved Newcastle, on the 11th. And I'll be more than happy to share a pint or two of beer regardless of result

Guest Karel Alinho

What's you're opinion about the Benfica Manager, Jorge Jesus? And wich are the players you considerer the most dangerous in our team?

Welcome to all the Benfica fans. While I would've preferred an easier draw, this is one of the good parts of being drawn against one of the big European sides.

Just realized the last time I saw this was in 2006 against Fenerbache. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

What's you're opinion about the Benfica Manager, Jorge Jesus? And wich are the players you considerer the most dangerous in our team?

I'll loudly shit myself every time Cardozo has the ball within 30 yards of goal

Guest rdr10

I'm at work now and I just want to say that I'm glad I came to this forum, I know now that when you wank over tits it doesn't matter who is the person, what matters are the tits ! Fuck logic and masturbate!

I'm at work now and I just want to say that I'm glad I came to this forum, I know now that when you w*** over tits it doesn't matter who is the person, what matters are the tits ! f*** logic and masturbate!

They learn so quickly...

Another Benfica fan here. I wish you all the best in Premier League but I hope we'll win in Europa League !

When Benfica lost 4-1 to Liverpool I got so pissed that no one in my house had dinner, no one, and we all went to bed in our outdoor clothes.

When Benfica lost to Braga I felt like shaving my balls.

If Benfica doesn't win this year, I guess I will drink 3 ltrs of vodka in a row or something like that.

:lol: