Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

I was all for easing Ba and Cisse into the team, but after tonight they simply have to start. A 30% Cisse is much better than a 100% Shola.

Krul

R Taylor    Willo      Colo    Santon

Ben Arfa  Guthrie    Cabaye  Jonas

Cisse      Ba

....but Pardew will find a way to mess this all up, so this is pointless!

Hopefully "Lawro" will predict a Blackburn win. We need one of his NUFC defeat predictions. They are like a lucky charm for us. His last two 1-1 draw predictions for NUFC haven't gone well for us.

Bang on. When Lawro says we will fail, we win.

Bit worried about this game based on our last two performances. We really need a win to raise the spirits of the players and the fans.

"but we will threaten the goal a little bit more on Wednesday I hope."

translates as

"but we won't have to play f***ing Shola on Wednesday I hope."

You think the penny might have dropped by Wednesday?

Our preparation for this game is awful. Key players who maybe playing missing in training , only 3 days of training since they have arrived back from Tenerife before Blackburn. Blackburn have had a week and a a half to prepare for us and it's going to be very difficult to get anything.

Hope we go with 4-4-2 here, regardless of whether the Dembii are available.

Pardew seems like he doesn't want to play it with Ben Arfa in the team though, odds are we'll see plenty of square pegs in the round holes again.

Don't think it would be fair on Cisse to throw him in against Blackburn.  He doesn't speak English yet (maybe not that big a deal with all our french speakers) and think the best thing for him is too let him have a week on the training ground getting to know his team mates and how the club operates and set him up for a home debut against Villa. 

Ba is different,  he should be ok to slot straight back into the team,  hopefully the kitman can give him back his shooting boots cos watching him in the ACN i think he left them here when he flew out.

Don't think it would be fair on Cisse to throw him in against Blackburn.  He doesn't speak English yet (maybe not that big a deal with all our french speakers) and think the best thing for him is too let him have a week on the training ground getting to know his team mates and how the club operates and set him up for a home debut against Villa. 

Ba is different,  he should be ok to slot straight back into the team,  hopefully the kitman can give him back his shooting boots cos watching him in the ACN i think he left them here when he flew out.

Agree with that, though I suspect Cissé may be on the bench.

Agree with that, though I suspect Cissé may be on the bench.

Something tells me we'll see them both on the bench with Ba coming on at half time if things aren't going to plan.

i think Obertan could get a recall for this one,  not that i think he does much defensively but think Pardew will want him for "protection" for Simpson as apart from Samba at set pieces the best part of Blackburns team is the threat down their left wing with Hoilett and Ollson. 

can see us linging up with

KRUL

SIMPSO  WILLI          COLO      SANTON

OBERTAN  CABAYE    GUTHRIE  JONAS

HBA    BA

providing cabaye isn't banned.