HBA

Best

I'd go for:

Krul

Santon Coloccini Williamson Ferguson

HBA  Perch Guthrie Gutierrez

Vuckic

Best

But who am i kidding? He ain't gonna do that.

Rather abeid in midifeld instead of Perch like

Abeid has never started a premier league game. Yes i understand the want to play him, but i think perch could do a decent job. The three points for here and now are what's most important . Abeid will get his chance.

If it's any consolation Shayno, I liked the back four. Obertan in for Jonas made my nipples bleed though.

hmmm i can understand that considering Obertan's performances this season. I've never seen Obertan as a right winger in a 4-4-2. We haven't seen him able to cut inside on his right foot where I reckon he could be very dangerous. He is tall, fast and has some ability on the ball and I think he could be lethal on either side of a 4-3-3 if he can get behind the defence.

What I'd choose from what's available:

Krul

Santon  Willo  Colo  Raylor

Guthrie

Vukic 

Obertan                  Ferguson

HBA   

McLovin

Seriously? :lol:

Can someone post the Pardew comments from .cock about attacking more please? Seems positive.

nited boss Alan Pardew is confident his side will make more of an attacking impact as they travel to Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night in the Premier League (8pm kick-off).

Pardew cut a frustrated figure as his side performed well at Brighton in the FA Cup on Saturday but were unable to find a cutting edge in the final third as they eventually slipped to a 1-0 defeat.

But he insists that will be a different story at Ewood Park, with the Magpies desperate to bounce back to winning ways and keep in touch with the top five.

"We are confident in so much that the performance at Brighton was a good performance in terms of physically and our technical stats," said Pardew.

"It was a game we would have won normally - there was enough chances there.

"The only criticism was what I spoke about after - that we should have perhaps put a bit more percentage ball in the box, and then we would have created a couple more.

"I think that is something we can correct at Blackburn."

And Pardew was full of praise for Rovers boss Steve Kean, who has been subjected to plenty of public criticism this season but has still managed to produce some impressive results.

"I think Steve Kean has done a terrific job just lately with that team," said Newcastle's manager.

"They are a lot stronger and better than they were when we've played them before, and it's going to be a tough game.

"I think they've got stronger and you have to admire him for coming through what was the eye of a storm at that time.

"Now it will be the second half of the season and trying to keep the team in the division, and I hope he does."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120201/pardews-attacking-intent_2281670_2595412

Cheers Skirge. Looking forward to seeing some difference. :thup:

He means hoof the ball in the box long stylee doesn't he :)

Can someone post the Pardew comments from .cock about attacking more please? Seems positive.

nited boss Alan Pardew is confident his side will make more of an attacking impact as they travel to Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night in the Premier League (8pm kick-off).

Pardew cut a frustrated figure as his side performed well at Brighton in the FA Cup on Saturday but were unable to find a cutting edge in the final third as they eventually slipped to a 1-0 defeat.

But he insists that will be a different story at Ewood Park, with the Magpies desperate to bounce back to winning ways and keep in touch with the top five.

"We are confident in so much that the performance at Brighton was a good performance in terms of physically and our technical stats," said Pardew.

"It was a game we would have won normally - there was enough chances there.

"The only criticism was what I spoke about after - that we should have perhaps put a bit more percentage ball in the box, and then we would have created a couple more.

"I think that is something we can correct at Blackburn."

And Pardew was full of praise for Rovers boss Steve Kean, who has been subjected to plenty of public criticism this season but has still managed to produce some impressive results.

"I think Steve Kean has done a terrific job just lately with that team," said Newcastle's manager.

"They are a lot stronger and better than they were when we've played them before, and it's going to be a tough game.

"I think they've got stronger and you have to admire him for coming through what was the eye of a storm at that time.

"Now it will be the second half of the season and trying to keep the team in the division, and I hope he does."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120201/pardews-attacking-intent_2281670_2595412

Cheers Skirge. Looking forward to seeing some difference. :thup:

He means hoof the ball in the box long stylee doesn't he :)

Indeed he does. Shola and Best, with raylor on the wing :fwap:

I'd go for:

Krul

Vuckic

Best

Abeid has never started a premier league game. Yes i understand the want to play him, but i think perch could do a decent job. The three points for here and now are what's most important . Abeid will get his chance.

Perch will only ever be good in there as a late substitute to chase and close the game down. Not for a full game. Got to give the kid a go at some point, he either fails or becomes a success, either way rather see that rather than perch. I have nothing against perch (If he played for another team) but he is very limited

If it's any consolation Shayno, I liked the back four. Obertan in for Jonas made my nipples bleed though.

hmmm i can understand that considering Obertan's performances this season. I've never seen Obertan as a right winger in a 4-4-2. We haven't seen him able to cut inside on his right foot where I reckon he could be very dangerous. He is tall, fast and has some ability on the ball and I think he could be lethal on either side of a 4-3-3 if he can get behind the defence.

:thup:

You're a better man than I am giving him another chance, but the logic sounds fair. He loves a diagonal run from the left side if the early games of the season are any indication, just can't beat a man on the outside for shit.

What I'd choose from what's available:

Krul

Santon  Willo  Colo  Raylor

Guthrie

Vukic 

Obertan                  Ferguson

HBA   

McLovin

Seriously? :lol:

What possible issue could you have with that 11? :cheesy:

Majority think we will struggle/lose = Probably win

Majority think we wont score = We score

Result - 3-2 to us  :whistle:

Well, I can talk shite I suppose  :snod:

:thup:

You're a better man than I am giving him another chance, but the logic sounds fair. He loves a diagonal run from the left side if the early games of the season are any indication, just can't beat a man on the outside for s***.

The only thing Obertan will be lethal to is our chances of a win.

So Cabaye is missing then - who plays in his place?

Abeid has travelled btw.

I'd bet Abeid would perform better than Gosling as a holding midfielder, i.e. tackling passing and link up play. Gosling will be more likely to score though and I expect him to get the nod. If he plays we should go for the direct approach IMO.

No point playing Ben Arfa then?

Personally I'd play Ben Arfa up front alongside best and give explicit instructions they were to look for goals (not track back or play on the left/right wing) and I'd play the best passing midfielders I could put out. If Gosling's playing then play the two big bastards and hoof it long. Gosling might sniff out the chances, especially from dead ball areas.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/01/ameobi-it-s-important-we-make-up-for-cup-loss-72703-30240541/

SHOLA AMEOBI is hoping Newcastle United can salvage back pride when they visit struggling Blackburn Rovers tonight.

The long-serving Toon striker is set to return some captain’s armband to Fabricio Coloccini at Ewood Park.

Whose armband? Did he just find it or what?

Confident for the game what with Newcastle having there problems with missing players.

For me the squad is still reasonably strong and we should have enough in us to beat them.

I'm never too sure who is fit in our defence, but if we can cobble together a good back four then I then I reckon we can win this now that Ba, Cisse, Tiote and Cabaye are out.

2-1 win for Rovers. Not sure who will get the goals for us, though!! Lets say Dunn & Hoilett.

If Andy Bayes is right and no Ba or Cisse -or Tiote and Cabaye is banned (??)....... and Coloccini is struggling.... maybe our first clean sheet and a horrible 0-0 ????

Can't believe the number of supporters thinking this !!!

We will be without, arguably, our two most influential players this season in Samba & Yak. Our attack will be led by either Modeste or Goodwillie.

I think a draw ids best we can hope for.

Our home form is abysmal so anything other than a defeat will be welcome. Rovers played well at Everton and deserved to win so it is important to follow that with another strong performance.

I'll go home happy if we achieve a clean sheet for the first time since goodness knows when.

They are more slit your wrist candidates than us :) not very confident are they?

I'd go for:

Krul

Vuckic

Best

Abeid started against them in the cup i personally would have no problems playing him tonight, Pardew is not me obviously but i dont see the problem with starting him.

Not feeling confident. Mid week game, plenty of players missing, it just feels like its going to be one of those rotten games where we come out with nothing against a poor side. I hope I'm wrong though because we need a win now, this is arguably the easier of the 3 games without Cabaye and Tiote.

I'd go for:

Krul

Vuckic

Best

Abeid started against them in the cup i personally would have no problems playing him tonight, Pardew is not me obviously but i dont see the problem with starting him.

No either do i, im not really fussed whether its perch or abeid.