Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Guest neesy111

Krul - 7. Thought he was shaky at times earlier on, but a great save from the pen and his decision-making improved in the last third of the match.

Simpson - 6. Non-descript. Nice goal-line block. Thought the penalty was contentious but it wasn't great defending from him.

Williamson - 6. Over-does the no-nonsense stuff at times, but we didn't concede so i can't lay into him that much.

Coloccini - 7. Played well but wasn't his impeccable self. It's a measure of the standard he has set himself by me saying he was only 'good' tonight.

Santon - 6. Thought he blew hot and cold. So one-footed it's untrue. Don't care where he's played in the past; he needs to be on the right eventually.

Raylor - 6. Did alright, not really in it. Shame we can't attribute another goal to him, but it was definitely off-target imo.

Guthrie - 7. Probably our best player. Some nice touches here and there; only player who showed any sort of endeavour really.

Jonas - 6. Wasn't in it a great deal, but useful when closing the game out.

(Perch - 6. Quiet but acted as a useful breakwater at times. We improved when he came on.)

Ben Arfa - 4. Generally useless. But he'll get there.

Shola - 5. See above. Gets an extra point for some good defensive work towards the end.

Best - 4. And again, see above. Ineffectual.

Shola - 5

Best - 4

Are you retarded?

Any need, Neesy?

Obviously didn't watch the match.  Shola give Blackburn one of there best chances when he decided to unmark Givet on a free-kick.

What a pile of shite that was. Can't grumble with the points though. I despair that Shola Ameobi is an NUFC player. Best was on his way yesteray and starts tonight?!?

Awful performance from them both - their inability to hold the ball gave away the posession far too easily and offered nothing as an attacking force yet again.

Roll on Ba and Demba 'Capt Offside' Cisse.

Guest neesy111

Krul 7

Simpson 6

Williamson 5

Colo 6

Santon 5

Ben Arfa 4

Guthrie 5

Raylor 5

Jonas 4

Best 2

Shola 1

Perch 7

I'd give Williamson a 5, thought he was all-over the place.

We were so s*** I don't feel like we've won :lol:

But I don't have the sinking feeling that comes with defeat/draw either. :)

I feel exactly the same. Just with some added embarrassment. Afterall Blackburn put out a CC side and we were hell bent on being worse than them on the day.

Thank F*** for the subs, IMO they made all the difference.

Shola gave the worst performance i have ever seen from any player ever.

It was the worst performance I've ever seen since his last performance.

:sweetjesus: He's improving.

The scary part is that he isn't, because that was fucking abysmal. Thank fuck the Dembas are back for Villa.

Just want to clarify that I wasn't saying that my opinion is that he's improving. :lol:

Nah I know, but it's still amazing that he managed to be even worse tonight than he's been recently. I mean, that's a level of awfulness that's almost admirable.

:thup: I've finally lost all patience with him, he's no use to us now.  Championship season aye, last season OK then, now?  Had enough of him.

Krul - 7. Thought he was shaky at times earlier on, but a great save from the pen and his decision-making improved in the last third of the match.

Simpson - 6. Non-descript. Nice goal-line block. Thought the penalty was contentious but it wasn't great defending from him.

Williamson - 6. Over-does the no-nonsense stuff at times, but we didn't concede so i can't lay into him that much.

Coloccini - 7. Played well but wasn't his impeccable self. It's a measure of the standard he has set himself by me saying he was only 'good' tonight.

Santon - 6. Thought he blew hot and cold. So one-footed it's untrue. Don't care where he's played in the past; he needs to be on the right eventually.

Raylor - 6. Did alright, not really in it. Shame we can't attribute another goal to him, but it was definitely off-target imo.

Guthrie - 7. Probably our best player. Some nice touches here and there; only player who showed any sort of endeavour really.

(Perch - 6. Quiet but acted as a useful breakwater at times. We improved when he came on.)

Shola - 5. See above. Gets an extra point for some good defensive work towards the end.

Shola - 5

Best - 4

Are you retarded?

Any need, Neesy?

Obviously didn't watch the match.  Shola give Blackburn one of there best chances when he decided to unmark Givet on a free-kick.

It was Dann.

What a pile of s**** that was. Can't grumble with the points though. I despair that Shola Ameobi is an NUFC player. Best was on his way yesteray and starts tonight?!?

Awful performance from them both - their inability to hold the ball gave away the posession far too easily and offered nothing as an attacking force yet again.

Roll on Ba and Demba 'Capt Offside' Cisse.

It will be good to have them as options but we'll need to step up our performance behind them because our lack of creativity tonight was as bad as you'll see in the Premiership.

Shola - 5

Best - 4

Are you retarded?

Any need, Neesy?

Cheer up, chuck, i know things are terrible but we've just won our 11th game this year and jumped up to fifth. :thup:

Krul - 8

Santon - 7

Coloccini - 8

Williamson - 7

Simpson - 5

Jonas - 7

Guthrie - 6

Taylor - 6

Ben Arfa - 5

Shola - No, I will not think back at that performance

Best - 2

Perch - 7

Think I'd give the same except upgrade Best from turboshit to just plain shit (4).

Krul's penalty save was absolutely vital. Had that gone in, we would have capitulated imo. He won the game for us.

Coloccini, Perch, Guthrie and Santon were relatively ok, and Ameobi was a lot more useful defending set-pieces than anything he did up front.

Sumptuous through ball from Lovenkrands and a cracking finish from Obertan. What a moment of relief that was!

5th :lol:

Demba 'Capt Offside' Cisse.

Nowt like having confidence in new players :lol:

Well if Cissé is the captain then Best and Shola are the manager and lifetime honorary president. So it's a complement, I guess.

In all seriousness, I actually saw Shola close down a player a couple of times, particularly at the end of the match, and even cleared the ball when we were right under it. But yeah, other than that, he was his usual wank. Even when he surprised me and turned a couple of players he followed it up by fluffing the shot miles wide.

No bother. I remember that day, goal and 'celebration' like it was yesterday. 4000 of us going mad at the end. :)

Aye me too. Mental.

For some reason, everyone (around me anyway) was celebrating whilst singing the ' da da da da, da da da da... ' start from Suzanne Vega's song Tom's Diner

Magic day :laugh:

How many did we take down there tonight ?

Just been projectile vomiting continuously since the match finished, it was that bad. Rubbish from front to back and in all areas from attack to defence, passing to tackling. An unbelievably shoddy display that is an embarrassment to the sport.

WE'RE 5TH! :lol:

Shola - 5

Best - 4

Are you retarded?

Any need, Neesy?

Best came closest to scoring for them when he hit his own bar :lol:

Just been projectile vomiting continuously since the match finished, it was that bad. Rubbish from front to back and in all areas from attack to defence, passing to tackling. An unbelievably shoddy display that is an embarrassment to the sport.

WE'RE 5TH! :lol:

Absolute Bisto, this post.