Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Person to blame for the goal was Jonas lost the ball when all he had to do was lay it back to Santon  :rant:

Pretty much, should take him off for Ben Arfa in half time, if only because he looks totally f***ed.

Been poor going fowards again, looks very unconfident, always just back to santon. Helps tracking back though.

We've had some decent spells but there are things that we need to address. Ba doesn't look as sharp as he did before Africa, but he took his goal extremely well. Cisse's had some nice touches and could've scored - wasn't clear cut, though. Guthrie playing well. Jonas sloppy in possession. Hold my breath every time the ball comes near Perch.

We need a left-footed left-back.

We have been really poor tbh. Getting very worrying how bad we have been the last few games.

Not really, as we've been missing half a team.

Guti dwelling on the ball again in our own half.  :tickedoff:

Papiss looking very good and another great goal from Ba.

Absolutely no support tbf, more Santons fault. Guti had nothing else to do but loose the ball, Santon hand his hands on his hips walking backwards instead of supporting him.

There's more pattern to their attack, you can see they have a clearer idea of what to do in attack as a team than we do. Think we've been open to the ball in behind but that's been true for a while now.

I do think we've got enough about to us to win this though, our best chance i think will be trying to play through the middle, i reckon we can do them there.

Hope we'll be a bit better after the break, the two substitutions meant that we always had a makeshift feel in the play.

Dembas look dangerous, link-up is already starting to show at times - very promising there.

But I have to say Keane has been superb for them, dropping into space and just setting up opportunity after opportunity.  We've not looked good at all in defence.

Also - Jonas...I love Jonas but his habit of receiving the ball, letting three Villa defenders come near him, then losing it led to the last goal and has cost us time and time again.  He has got to pass the ball more quickly.

Main problem with Pardew was once again highlighted. Fucking passive all along, up 1-0, Raylor injured? Bring Ben Arfa on and lets try to hold onto the ball.

Instead he puts Shitebulb on and we back off and let them play.

Same thing I felt when Obertan came on but honestly he has done well. I really liked it when he was literally busting a gut to track back at one point.

Simpson is the sinner. Why stand there? Insane defending , just stop his run ffs.

That said, when was the last time Jonas able to beat any defender? Standing n dwell on the ball does not work every time man...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

They've been on a different level to us with passing and movement through the middle. Need to make sure they don't get another.

Main problem with Pardew was once again highlighted. f***ing passive all along, up 1-0, Raylor injured? Bring Ben Arfa on and lets try to hold onto the ball.

Instead he puts Shitebulb on and we back off and let them play.

Same thing I felt when Obertan came on but honestly he has done well. I really liked it when he was literally busting a gut to track back at one point.

Obertan has played well since he came on.