Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

From Pardew....

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

bizarre thing to say. sounds like a lower league club going to play a top premier side in the cup.

I'm starting to think it's a ruse and he's going to go for 1 Demba up top, another Demba at LW and 3 across the middle (Guthrie, Perch & Jonas).

Guest kingdawson

What if King and Kaboul are out?

Ryan Nelsen! :lol:. We've got a chance lads

Eh? Nelson is a damn good cb when fit.

So good you can't spell his name.

My bad, Nelsen.

Can't see anything but a hammering here.  If we put in a performance and only get beat by the odd goal I will be content (ish).  I reckon even with a full strength squad we would struggle, but with no Taylor, Cabaye or Tiote, I can't see us getting much.  I know they have players out, but they've got a big squad loaded with talent. 

Can quite easily see the mackems getting a point off Arsenal and I don't think Man U will lose to Liverpool.  We could still be 5th by the end of the weekend  O0

My main hope is that King might not be able to play. He's absolutely outstanding, their most important player by some margin imo and while Dawson and Kaboul have improved immeasurably it makes a huge difference to Spurs when Ledley isn't fit. He struggles with two games in a week generally and if he doesn't make it we'll have a much better, albeit still very small, chance of taking something.

Realistically they're a fair bit stronger than us squad wise, would be class if we gave it a go and got somewhere though.

Monday night to Saturday evening is right on the limit of Ledley's recovery time ................ and that's assuming he didn't get a kick in the Liverpool game.  That said, Kaboul and Dawson aren't bad and most of the absentees from last night are expected to be fit.

A more important bearing on the game is both Tiote and Cabaye missing for you.  2-0 to Spurs is my guess.

Bloody typical  :weep:

My main hope is that King might not be able to play. He's absolutely outstanding, their most important player by some margin imo and while Dawson and Kaboul have improved immeasurably it makes a huge difference to Spurs when Ledley isn't fit. He struggles with two games in a week generally and if he doesn't make it we'll have a much better, albeit still very small, chance of taking something.

Realistically they're a fair bit stronger than us squad wise, would be class if we gave it a go and got somewhere though.

Monday night to Saturday evening is right on the limit of Ledley's recovery time ................ and that's assuming he didn't get a kick in the Liverpool game.  That said, Kaboul and Dawson aren't bad and most of the absentees from last night are expected to be fit.

A more important bearing on the game is both Tiote and Cabaye missing for you.  2-0 to Spurs is my guess.

I knew it ffs, there goes my confidence  :(

:thup:

Not sure we'd have got the point at home if he hadn't limped off early on.

I'd agree with hoping for his absence, and would go as far as to say that King is the best English centre-half of this past generation. Such a shame (for England, fuck Spurs) that he's been blighted so heavily with injury throughout his career as I don't think he'd have had any trouble being ahead of the likes of Ferdinand and Terry otherwise. I do tend to think the same about Woodgate as well like - though I admit there's obvious bias on that one from his time spent here.

I'd agree with hoping for his absence, and would go as far as to say that King is the best English centre-half of this past generation. Such a shame (for England, fuck Spurs) that he's been blighted so heavily with injury throughout his career as I don't think he'd have had any trouble being ahead of the likes of Ferdinand and Terry otherwise. I do tend to think the same about Woodgate as well like - though I admit there's obvious bias on that one from his time spent here.

Hard to say, as Ferdinand at his peak was astonishing too, probably the best I've seen in this league over a sustained period, and there's a very good case to say it's injuries that have caused his decline. King is a phenomenon though, great player. I'm not sure Woody's ever been as good as he was here since but another class player. There seems to be a theme here.

I agree that I think you'll win but if King is missing we have a strong enough strike force to cause any of your others huge problems and change the dynamic of the game. You didn't respond particularly well to going behind against Wolves and having to break down a well organised team, a point (or even three) is unlikely but not beyond the realms.

Guest kingdawson

I agree that I think you'll win but if King is missing we have a strong enough strike force to cause any of your others huge problems and change the dynamic of the game. You didn't respond particularly well to going behind against Wolves and having to break down a well organised team, a point (or even three) is unlikely but not beyond the realms.

Wolves came to the Lane simply to defend and nick a goal on the break. With your frontline there is no way you're gonna do the same (imo) ...which is better for us.

Guest VaVaVoom

From Pardew....

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

bizarre thing to say. sounds like a lower league club going to play a top premier side in the cup.

I actually think its a good thing.

Sounds to me he is thinking about just going there and having a proper go at them. Best way in my opinion.

Remove the shackles, go out with no pressure and get at them.

This might even suggest Barfa starting tbh.

and the fact you look like him ;)

Oh well, it's any old pub in Tenerife to watch the game. Hope it's hot, and there's plenty of Gooners around to celebrate with us!!

2-3 (to us). Come back from 2-1 down, Cisse gets our opener, HBA draws us level, and Ba gets the winner.

Just off down the bookies ....  :iamatwat: