Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

How's Dawson these days like?

Has he improved and pushed himself back into the starting XI or is in there through injury?

He was excellent against Liverpool tbf. Might have played tomorrow even if Kaboul was fit.

Has he improved and pushed himself back into the starting XI or is in there through injury?

He was excellent against Liverpool tbf. Might have played tomorrow even if Kaboul was fit.

Ah well... Needless to say I hope King picks up a very, very minor knock early on anyway.

Think if Kaboul was fit as he's been outstanding this season, he would have come back in King's place just to prevent anymore injuries. People have already said Monday to Saturday is about as much as King can handle.

the spoons outside liverpool street station is nice. be full of spurs fans though, be fine for a quiet one

It'll be rammed. Go to The Magpie on New Street or Woodin's Shades on the corner of Bishopsgate and Middlesex St. The White Hart on the corner of Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street is also decent, can't remember if it's open on Saturday.

sorry i meant quiet as in not with all the toon fans. should be ok round 12 shouldn't it? i'm working right by there atm the prices aren't bad, any of those ^ comparable? few places iv been to round here are >£4 for a pint :scared:

We're wondering where to drink before the match as well like, haven't made our mind up yet.  Our original plan was around Victoria because we work around there so we know it, and it's easy for us both to get there and then to Seven Sisters but I dunno.  Not that cheap around Victoria either.

bit of a trek from 7 sisters which is why il be getting the overline to WHL. want to watch the man utd match somewhere, the sports bar at victoria station had occured to me, i was in there before brighton, not ideal for lpool st though.

Tube from Victoria to Tottemham Hale and then overland from Tottenham hale to Northumberland park and then walk along park Lane to the away end.

Think we'll suprise people this weekend. Krul will have to make a dozen saves, but I think we can trouble them at the other end.

Our work-rate is one of the best in the premier league, our striker(s)? are clinical and our defence is reasonbly solid. The midfield slightly troubles me though. I think the left side is OK and the middle is the best we've got, but it's our right side I'm worried about. Simpson has struggled quite a bit this season, and although he's made several key off-the-line clearances, he still looks positionally fragile and he'll not get the cover he needs on Saturday, whoever the RM is.

Spurs are a good side, but we've beaten better this season. If we better their workrate, close down quickly and Simpson has a blinder, we will get something from this game.

I can see 1-1, but ever an optimist, I'm going to say 2-1 to the toon with Guthrie and Ba scoring our goals.

Nee fear man.

the spoons outside liverpool street station is nice. be full of spurs fans though, be fine for a quiet one

It'll be rammed. Go to The Magpie on New Street or Woodin's Shades on the corner of Bishopsgate and Middlesex St. The White Hart on the corner of Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street is also decent, can't remember if it's open on Saturday.

sorry i meant quiet as in not with all the toon fans. should be ok round 12 shouldn't it? i'm working right by there atm the prices aren't bad, any of those ^ comparable? few places iv been to round here are >£4 for a pint :scared:

We're wondering where to drink before the match as well like, haven't made our mind up yet.  Our original plan was around Victoria because we work around there so we know it, and it's easy for us both to get there and then to Seven Sisters but I dunno.  Not that cheap around Victoria either.

bit of a trek from 7 sisters which is why il be getting the overline to WHL. want to watch the man utd match somewhere, the sports bar at victoria station had occured to me, i was in there before brighton, not ideal for lpool st though.

Tube from Victoria to Tottemham Hale and then overland from Tottenham hale to Northumberland park and then walk along park Lane to the away end.

or just 20 minute train from liverpool st to near the pub

Lads, eight games since we didn't score, which includes all the ones without Ba and Man U home.

No-one has beaten us this season without scoring three goals. Spurs barely had a shot at Anfield several days ago. With a decent finish from Carroll or Suarez, Liverpool would have won that game (god forbid). Adebayor hasn't scored in his last seven league games, all starts.

Don't let the doom mongers get you down. Unless we set up negatively for a draw as we did at Anfield, we could do well.

Lads, eight games since we didn't score, which includes all the ones without Ba and Man U home.

No-one has beaten us this season without scoring three goals. Spurs barely had a shot at Anfield several days ago. With a decent finish from Carroll or Suarez, Liverpool would have won that game (god forbid). Adebayor hasn't scored in his last seven league games, all starts.

Don't let the doom mongers get you down. Unless we set up negatively for a draw as we did at Anfield, we could do well.

You have jinxed it now  :lol: seriously tho i agree nowadays i always feel confident going into games that we will get atleast a draw i dont know why i just do and i get the feeling the team does aswell.....

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini    Santon

Gutierrez    Guthrie    Perch    Ben Arfa

Cisse    Ba

Won't happen in a month of Sundays, and perhaps rightly so, but I'd love to see it. Think it'll be this with Obertan/Jonas on the flanks, which still isn't too bad.

Draw.