Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Krul

Simpson

Willo

Colo

Santon

Obertan

Guthrie

Perch

Jonas

Ba

Cisse

is what I reckon we'll see.  Not a chance he'll start HBA.

this is what we will see. closing down bale will be key factor to point(s). i believe a point is possible. so excited about our attack....playing them both means spurs really have to be careful at the back....unless pardew brings on shola (he wont hopefully)

I'd be confident of a result if we had Cabaye and Tiote, but unfortunately I think we'll be overrun in the centre, despite how well Guthrie has played recently.

Don't think the centre will be the problem if we even will have any problems. Think people are overrating Spurs a bit. They've had their own problems recently. Still think that they are beatable, especially without VdV.

I do think we'll compete well (unlike second half vs Fulham, for example) but it'll just be one of those games where individual mistakes cost us dearly and we'll all be on here afterwards talking about how said players aren't good enough etc. Still sticking with 3-1 to them. A win would be really fantastic though, howay! :indi:

it's a pressure free game in my view, may as well start with ba n cisse and just have a good go at them. First goal will be key. I suspect we will see Ba dropping off to make a 5 when they have ball as he does sometimes.

I actually think starting Obertan in this one could be good to give us pace going forward (even though he rarely knows what to do with it) it also helps Guthrie. I think we will miss Tiote most in this as he has often dominated Parker

I'd be confident of a result if we had Cabaye and Tiote, but unfortunately I think we'll be overrun in the centre, despite how well Guthrie has played recently.

I actually worry about Guthrie more than Perch today tbh. All we expect Perch to really do is be a nuisance and break up play a bit, I think he can do that. Question is whether Guthrie can influence the game going the other way with Parker & Modric against him. I realise it's the same two against Perch but it's easier to ruin a game like Perch will probably do, than influence a game like Guthrie's done of late.

@dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Was just sat with Hatem, Demba, Mehdi, Papisse n Gabi having dinner n I didn't have a clue what they were saying ha! #needtolearnfrench

21 seconds ago

http://i.imgur.com/nEVzD.png

Newcastle have claimed 42 points from their opening 24 Premier League matches. It is their best start to a season since the 2002-03 campaign, when they had 45 points after 24 games, and went on to finish third to secure a place in the Champions League qualifying round.

Close enough.  :fwap: