Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Guest icemanblue

Dreamt that Colo was ruled out today, safe to say I was quite happy to wake up and realise it was just a dream :)

How incredibly interesting and informative. Thanks!

Guest Rey Mysterio

Anyone know if you can get ESPN for 1 month or 1 game?

Yeah I did it before the Brighton game. You can ask them to cancel it in a months time when you ring to order. £9 I think it was.

From the BBC Match Preview... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16884811

"Can I look into my crystal ball here and ask a cheeky question: will Alan Pardew be the next manager of Tottenham Hotspur? The 'Harry Redknapp for England' bandwagon is going to take some stopping now and everything he has said over the last couple of years suggests that Redknapp will push for an amicable way out of White Hart Lane to take the England job once the season is over.

England have only one friendly arranged between now and the end of the Premier League season, and Stuart Pearce is filling the gap for that game against the Dutch. Redknapp could be named as successor whilst continuing at Spurs for now, knowing that he can move seamlessly from one job to the other in time for the friendly in Norway on 26 May, followed by the European Championship.

So where would that leave Spurs? There would certainly be a scramble across Europe to take over such a squad but, like the FA, I feel they have had their fill of foreign managers. Christian Gross, Jacques Santini and Juande Ramos were all derided; Martin Jol was popular but not quite successful enough.

No, I am pretty sure the next Tottenham manager will be British. He will need to possess a successful CV without having his best years behind him. He will need to have shown that he can work under intense pressure and win over a public who, unhappy at the loss of his predecessor, may not immediately be on his side.

I might as well be writing Alan Pardew's CV. He even played for Spurs. Before you tell me I am talking nonsense, yes he did. He played four times in the Intertoto Cup of 1995, having just been released by Charlton and before joining Barnet. What you may not find on his CV was that one of those games was Spurs' record defeat, 8-0 at Cologne!

If all that were to happen, then who next for Newcastle? What's Fabio Capello up to? Only joking - I think!

I am really looking forward to this game. Both Tottenham and Newcastle are enjoying marvellous seasons and the atmosphere after such a tumultuous week for Redknapp should be one to savour. The only prediction I am willing to make is that, whilst I am wearing 10 layers of thermals on the gantry, the Geordie fan with the Tyne Bridge tattooed on his belly will be going topless! "

WTF has this bollox got to do with the match ?  :tickedoff:

Guest Rey Mysterio

To the tune of the N and an E and a wubble U C...

R and an O and and an S I E,

Hiding tax from HRMC

Should be in jail, but he's still free

He's a C U - N T.

That's genius.