Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Physio room says -

8 Y Kaboul Knee Injury 11th Feb 12

R Van Der Vaart Calf/Shin Injury 11th Feb 12

A Lennon Hamstring Injury 11th Feb 12

J Defoe Hamstring Injury 11th Feb 12

D Bentley Knee Injury Jul 12

W Gallas Calf/Shin Injury no return date

J Jenas Ruptured Achilles Jun 12

T Huddlestone Ankle/Foot Injury 25th Feb 12

:dontknow:

rafvdvaart Rafael van der Vaart

Disappointed to say I won't be playing tomorrow against #Newcastle. 3 point will be a great birthday present!!

4 minutes ago

Nice.

Shouldn't be giving away team news before the game

I suspect someone's going to have a few words with him behind the scenes.

think Kaboul and Lennon have late fitness tests... Thought the same about VdV, mind. I'd probably prefer we played against VdV playing in a 4411 rather than Defoe in a 442 like. Never mind.

Kaboul is out, so is Sandro.  Lennon and Defoe are reckoned to be fit but haven't trained much so could well be they won't start or even be on the bench.  The NLD is next week and Man Utd the week after, I doubt Spurs would risk bringing them back too early.  I think Niko will play the VdV role.  Ledley is fit.

Nothing there that Spurs haven't said already.

think Kaboul and Lennon have late fitness tests... Thought the same about VdV, mind. I'd probably prefer we played against VdV playing in a 4411 rather than Defoe in a 442 like. Never mind.

Kaboul is out, so is Sandro.  Lennon and Defoe are reckoned to be fit but haven't trained much so could well be they won't start or even be on the bench.  The NLD is next week and Man Utd the week after, I doubt Spurs would risk bringing them back too early.  I think Niko will play the VdV role. Ledley is fit.

Nothing there that Spurs haven't said already.

he's nee cabaye thar

Physio room says -

8 Y Kaboul Knee Injury 11th Feb 12

R Van Der Vaart Calf/Shin Injury 11th Feb 12

A Lennon Hamstring Injury 11th Feb 12

J Defoe Hamstring Injury 11th Feb 12

D Bentley Knee Injury Jul 12

W Gallas Calf/Shin Injury no return date

J Jenas Ruptured Achilles Jun 12

T Huddlestone Ankle/Foot Injury 25th Feb 12

:dontknow:

That's a promising list!

Guest barnabox

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg616/scaled.php?tn=0&server=616&filename=5ghit.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

actually astonished they've included us and not put arsenal or liverpool in there.

I'd imagine it is to favour the stats to one team or another, take us out and put Arsenal in and United are 2 points behind City instead of 5, Spurs will also be on 5 points instead of 2

Surely it's simply a case of top 5 from the league table, so Arsenal and Liverpool aren't in there cos we're above them.

I still can't quite believe I'm saying that in February like!

Couple of other pubs by Liverpool St given I work there - I wholeheartedly support the suggestion of the Magpie which is aptly named and a great boozer, the Water Poet is a 5 minute walk away and a very nice pub, the Lord Aberconway on Old Broad Street does fantastic value ale given its location (about 2.70 for a Pride last time I was there) and the Crosse Keys is about a 10 minute walk down Bishopsgate and is a spoons but it's huge, really nice (old converted banking hall) and generally has about 20-25 different ales on. Never been found there on a sat before but will be in one of those pubs (depending what's open at the weekend...) tomorrow.

Krul

Simpson - Will - Colo - Santon

HBA - Guthrie - Perch - Jonas

Cissé - Ba

With that line up we can get a result here, which would really show how far we've come. And I realize saying that whilst naming Guthrie and Perch in the line up, is quite astonishing.

I'm not a fan of Perch at all, but if he stays back and plays a no nonsense game just protecting our half, the players in front of him can create chances. At least enough to get us a goal. We will have to defend hard in this one though, no room for errors at the back. You don't say right. Ha ha.

However I'm expecting Obertan to start, and maybe even Shola. Which would handicap our chances greatly. Still I'd take a 0-0 and a Colo one man show.

Win lose or draw I'm actually looking forward to the match with our front two. A Best/Shola combo here would just result in a non-plus feeling

Yeah. You feel that no matter how much we're dominated in the midfield, there's always the chance that one of those two can nick a goal.

I feel I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the season. We've got those 42 points in the bag and the rest is a bonus.