Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

I can't understand how this team are in the top 6. Baffling.

Sheer luck, the rest of league have been crap as well.

Sadly, you're right.

Where were you guys when I was arguing with the morons the other day about this?

We have had so much luck and the league is shit. But apparently to others Pardew is a mastertactician. 

I've no problem with the Fergie switch. A midfielder who can defend. A young lad who needs experience.

Same. I'd like to see Ben Arfa behind the front 2 before the game is over as well. Who gives a shit - might as well try a few things.

The lack of pressure is absolutely unforgiveable. I can forgive us being s*** in possession with the midfield but to not work to win it back is pathetic.

That's the thing we miss Cabaye most.

I'm gonna stop talking about the negative things (our play) and start talking about how good some of the spurs players actually are.

We may be in the top 6, but we can only dream of attracting some players like Modric and Adebayor.

Modric maybe, Adebayor no.

A few people have touched on the point that playing two out and out strikers away to a top side is a luxury that our midfield and defence can't cope with. If Pardew really feels he has to start Ba and Cisse, one of them has to start wide in midfield. 4-4-2 against this Spurs side we absolutely do not match up. Pack the midfield, defend from deep and try to stop them playing. And people mentioned Pardew as a possible England manager. He is tactically weak, shown today with his team selection, and even worse what happened at Fulham in the second half when Jol changed his team's formation and we had no idea what to do.

Also, what happened at half-time? Obertan HAULED OFF? Fucking excellent, hopefully won't play another game for us until he stops being utterly woeful.

Needs to be protected.  This game is lost and he's our most important player for a winnable match next week, can't risk him getting injured.:pardsgrin: