Newcastle United vs Wolves - 25/2/12 @ 3pm

Skirge

There is a picture from training today of pardew speaking directly to a group consisting of:

Krul

Simpson

Colo

Williamson

Santon

Raylor

Cabaye

Tiote

Jonas

Ba

Cisse

...Starting XI?

Most would've guessed that so it's likely.

Yes... The selection of raylor saddens me a little. Becoming fairly evident where ben arfa's future lies..  :(

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I know Obertan hasn't done very well but I liked the idea of pace and athleticism in our side. Raylor isn't any of them, as much of a hard worker he is.

The thing is, Ben Arfa's the sort of player we need to take us up a level next season.

Yep. Embarrassing if we let Ben Arfa go yet keep Ryan Taylor around the first XI next season.

Sad about Ben Arfa, but it´s a good team.

While I take Rich's point about that being the same side that beat Man Utd (apart from Shola for Cisse), this will be more of a Swansea or Wigan type game where the onus will be on us (excuse the pun) to break them down. With Ba and Cisse we certainly have a good chance, and in fairness to Raylor - for whatever reason - he's been getting assists all season.

Personally, whilst I'd be upset to see HBA miss out on the starting line-up, I think it'd be a tenable decision - if not one that I would choose myself. If we don't get the rub of the green and we fail to pry them open, or if we're profligate in possession and get done at the other end, he'll deserve criticism if he subsequently isn't bold in his choice and timing of substitutions.