Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

Guest neesy111

So SAFC are telling absolute lies about us entering the referee's room at HT.  Should be charged in bringing the game into disrepute.

Before Catermole was given straight red card he received his 10th yellow of the season.

So, anyone here understand the rules?

Will he get the 2 match ban for the 10 yellows and then take the 3 match ban for the straight red concurrently or is there some kind of rule where the red over rides the 10 yellows?

Personally I couldn't give two shits but, would be great to have that prick out of the game for a few weeks.

Sunderland are a team full of the most despisable characters, I cannot look at Bardsleys face without wanting to punch him.... 

I had to laugh this morning when I saw on the news Pardew celebrating our goal and O'Neill hiding behind Lee Mason on the touchline having a go at him.  How pathetic, summerises everything there is to say about mackems.

The draw was a massive relief but, not enough.  That second half performance was monumental - it would not have been an unfair reflection on that game if we have popped 6 in during our domination of that half!!

I know a few people have already said it but, I am bloody glad it is over.  Not a game I ever enjoy but, this one was particularly stressy.  Right from the start having to walk through the streets lines with overhyped police (who seemed to be wanting trouble to start) to sitting with my heart beating out of my chest and stress levels through the roof!

Back to the business of staying in the top 6 for the rest of the season now.

Guest johnson293

Before Catermole was given straight red card he received his 10th yellow of the season.

So, anyone here understand the rules?

Will he get the 2 match ban for the 10 yellows and then take the 3 match ban for the straight red concurrently or is there some kind of rule where the red over rides the 10 yellows?

Personally I couldn't give two shits but, would be great to have that prick out of the game for a few weeks.

Sunderland are a team full of the most despisable characters, I cannot look at Bardsleys face without wanting to punch him.... 

I had to laugh this morning when I saw on the news Pardew celebrating our goal and O'Neill hiding behind Lee Mason on the touchline having a go at him.  How pathetic, summerises everything there is to say about mackems.

The draw was a massive relief but, not enough.  That second half performance was monumental - it would not have been an unfair reflection on that game if we have popped 6 in during our domination of that half!!

I know a few people have already said it but, I am bloody glad it is over.  Not a game I ever enjoy but, this one was particularly stressy.  Right from the start having to walk through the streets lines with overhyped police (who seemed to be wanting trouble to start) to sitting with my heart beating out of my chest and stress levels through the roof!

Back to the business of staying in the top 6 for the rest of the season now.

Cattermole been given 4 match ban, Sessegnon 3 match (from the Sunderland thread)

Guest johnson293

From Total Sport on FB...

"Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole has been suspended for four games - two for accumulating 10 yellow cards this season and a further two for his red card at Newcastle yesterday, the Wearside club have confirmed. "

interesting, thought a straight red was always a 3 match ban

Think it depends, a straight red is usually for 'violent conduct' ie a bad tackle and I think a red for foul and abusive language might be different.

Guest Geordiesned

Watching the match back Waddle's co-commentary is unbelievable! I know he's a Mackem but he took bias to a new level.

Watching the match back Waddle's co-commentary is unbelievable! I know he's a Mackem but he took bias to a new level.

I thought that the whole coverage had a mackem-biased view toward it.  Not a mention of any of our other penalty calls in the summing up, ridiculous amounts of coverage of Tiote's reaction, Martin Keown asking if the FA should look at Tiote's over-reaction, failing to notice that Mike Dean had given just about every 50-50 decision only one way and saying he'd had a great game amongst other shite.

NUFC have just praised both fans behavior so all those stories last night are bullshit.

They certainly smashed up the Metro and their own fans say they were pushing police and stewards down the stairs.