Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

jonas gutierrez ‏ @elgalgojonas

Amo a shola siempre marca contra sunderland,creo que merecimos ganar.i love shola always scored against sunderland,I think we deserved towin

3:23 PM - 4 Mar 12

Newcastle United FC ‏ @NUFCOfficial

Steward turns to Shola in the tunnel and says: "You could play on crutches against that lot and still score..." #hero #tynewear #Shola

3:21 PM - 4 Mar 12

Danny Simpson ‏ @dannysimpson12

So proud 2 b a Newcastle player today, proud of everyone! Great spirit n commitment 2nd half... 4 points off the mackems this season #nufc

3:32 PM - 4 Mar 12

Samuel Ameobi ‏ @Sammy_Ameobi

So happy for big shols...loves to pop goals against Sunderland #nufc

3:45 PM - 4 Mar 12

Ryan Taylor ‏ @TaylorR1984

I LOVE SHOLA..... Great support today. Unreal atmosphere. #TOON

3:02 PM - 4 Mar 12

Presumably we'll be fined for failing to control our players btw, with five bookings. Best put some more Sports Direct signs up to pay for it.

couldn't Ashley just pay them in Sports Direct vouchers?

Well that nearly killed me had to walk home, closing Barrick road is utter stupidity, they can't control a few fkn mackems.

Brilliant atmosphere, I really don't understand why it cannot be like that every game the way it used to be.

Shit first half thanks to a totally idiotic refereeing display, 6 yellow cards in 25 mins, ridiculous they were scared to make a tackle, completely killed the game.

I will NEVER EVER understand why Shola did not take the pen, that miss will haunt Demba for a long time, mind we should have at least two other pens.

Thought Cabaye was very poor today, not sure whats going on with him.. Benny was like a breath of fresh air when he came on though, he HAS to start games now.

Pissed off we didn't win it but they are much more organized side now then they have ever been before, and in the end both side should be happy with the point.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Presumably we'll be fined for failing to control our players btw, with five bookings. Best put some more Sports Direct signs up to pay for it.

Sunderland fans are probably paying it with the money they spent on buying crap to get a plastic bag

At least he's keeping himself useful.

:lol:

I can imagine our boardroom meetings being like those Orange Film advertisements, where they try to shoehorn Orange products/more Sports Direct advertising as the remedy/solution/deus ex machine for any problem they encounter.

Martin O'Neill's record in derbies is quite frightening.

Taking four points off the Mackems in a season is absolutely fine.  Could easily have won, had it not been for Mike Dean's inept performance and Demba taking the penalty.  I don't understand that call either, Shola should have told him where to go.

Also, someone should have shot Mingolet.  The guy was in slow motion for the entire match.  Shameless timewasting from the moment they went ahead. 

And Ben Arfa.  You little beauty you.

Terrible first half, we played no football whatsoever. Second half was much better and was relieved to see shola grab a deserved equaliser.

At least we did to them what they did to us, and bragged about, last season at the SOS.