Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

Even though Norwich are a considerably more organised side than Wolves, i'd still put them in the category of 'should beat' - especially at home. Probably a touch arrogant but i still think it's the case.

Norwich might be ordinary but they know their players strengths and play to them. I'm not sure that's the case for us, in fact even now I don't believe the manager really believes in players like Ben Arfa but circumstances have forced him to include him in the line up. I wish I was as confident as you but for all the low value of their squad, Norwich gave us a good pasting at their ground.

I never said i was confident. I just said we should be winning this game.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Ben Arfa goal within 15 minutes, nervy defending for the rest, they score in the 90th minute.

Very very likely scenario....

Guest neesy111

Will take a win of any sort. Think it'll be a nervous game. 2-0 up, Holt to score a header and 30 mins of us shitting ourselves before the inevitable goal/world class save from Krul.

Sounds exactly like when we drew 2-2 with them the last time they were in the premiership.

Will take a win of any sort. Think it'll be a nervous game. 2-0 up, Holt to score a header and 30 mins of us shitting ourselves before the inevitable goal/world class save from Krul.

Sounds exactly like when we drew 2-2 with them the last time they were in the premiership.

When in his post match interview upon being questioned about the bid the club had just made for Wayne Rooney, Craig Bellamy replied "well i'll have to consider my position here at this club if that's the case".

Alan Shearer interviewed 5 minutes afterwards about the same thing burst out laughing when told that was what Bellamy had said.

Would definitely take a Krul goal, not sure how inevitable it is though

Would definitely take a Krul goal, not sure how inevitable it is though

Wahey!

Getting a good feeling about this weekend, QPR away is the sort of game I can see a Djibril Cisse 1-0 win, Everton to haul the Mackems out of the cup, and a run of the mill 2-0 win here.

Liverpool don't play them till next Wednesday. Very odd little weekend, Fulham vs Swansea and Wigan vs West Brom on Saturday, MOTD should be absolutely riveting.

Guest neesy111

One of our luckier refs.

5-1

4-4

0-2 at Blackburn

0-0 when we were battered at QPR

spring to mind

Still give the Junior Hoilett dive and penalty against us in that Blackburn game, thankfully didn't cost us.

Guest neesy111

Dowd loves a penalty like. Failing that, a red card isn't too bad. As long as his fat belly gets to be in frame for the cameras as much as possible.

:lol:

He's definitely a homer.