Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

Guest Vinkent

Btw:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/12/alan-pardew-is-prepared-to-chase-gunners-61634-30510308/2/

Pardew said. “It’s an important game in terms of the Champions League because if we win we are going to be given a shout.

“We haven’t really said about the Champions League but it’ll actually bury it – and that might not be a bad thing – if we lose or draw.

“If we win, we’ll get a lot more attention about it. If we lose, really it’s over then we can focus on ten games and the Europa League.”

Don't know why he's changed his attitude from earlier on in the season when he basically said the sky's the limit as far as they were aiming. Don't want to be hearing any manager saying their team has to rule anything out. It's like giving up before they've even tried.

Guest neesy111

This is a game where we should be looking to play some football for once. Not hoofing it.

Good Luck with finding that.

Massive game with Everton and smb's hot on our heels. Need 4 points from next two games.

Krul, Santon, Williamson, Colo, Raylor, Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, HBA, Cisse, Ba.

:thup: Really need to reignite our season.

What I would like to see:                                            What we will probably see:

Krul                                                                          Krul

Santon    Perch      Colo    Raylor                            Simpson    Willo        Colo    Raylor

Cabaye    Tiote  Gutierrez                              Ben-Arfa    Cabaye    Tiote  Gutierrez

Ben-Arfa            Cisse                Ba                                                Ba        Cisse

a 4 3 3 attacking would be exciting...

simpson is really poor on the ball, even sagna who is shit seems to have a great vision.

next year, got to change our defense ( first in premier league to thirteen)

Krul

Perch  Willo Colo

Santon    Tiote  Cabaye  Ferguson

HBA                Demba

Cisse

or

Krul

Santon  Willo  Colo  Ferguson

Guthrie Tiote Cabaye

HBA            Cisse          Ba

I would like to see Guthrie come in alongside Tiote to try and free up Cabaye, very doubtful it will happen though. Wouldn't be surprised to see;

GK Krul

RB Simmo

CB Willow

CB Colo

LB Raylor

RM Guthrie

CM Tiote

CM Cabaye

LM Jonas

AMC HBA

CF BA

I would like to see Guthrie come in alongside Tiote to try and free up Cabaye, very doubtful it will happen though. Wouldn't be surprised to see;

GK Krul

RB Simmo

CB Willow

CB Colo

LB Raylor

RM Guthrie

CM Tiote

CM Cabaye

LM Jonas

AMC HBA

CF BA

guthrie is poor defensivly. it may free cabaye up but it'll be detrimental. i'd be tempted to bring ferguson or jonas inside alongside tiote and cabaye in a 3.

Krul

Dimpson

Willi

Colo

Santon

HBA

Cabaye

Tiote

Jonas

Ba

Cisse

I reckon we'll see that and I'll be happy if we do. Need to get at them. Can't drop any more points against teams like this. Dropped enough already (no disrespect).

It is a must win game for our ambitions of finishing top 6. Surprising how Sunderland and Everton seem to be in the mix again. With 10 games left a lot can happen, hopefully it will be a draw tonight, with mass brawls, injuries and sending's off :) Saying that I don't mind Everton too much but we need to be selfish at the moment, so no offence to Neil!

Win or mid-table mediocrity beckons. It would be a crime if we didn't muster up enough points in the final 10 games to nab 6th. Liverpool have a fairly easy run in, would rather Everton took the points tonight, or a draw ofcourse.

Must be an attacking mind-set, we can put goals past these guys. Crowd has to give players like Obertan a chance as they're often quick to jump on his back, he's not our best but at 23 he's hardly a write off, and being quick to groan definitely doesn't help. Hope Guthrie doesn't feature, haven't been impressed lately.

I think we'll go behind, and need a reaction to get the 3 points.

Type of game that makes me wish Marveaux was fit and we had 5 players of the final 6 who'd just attack them.

Marveaux's actually been a big miss for me all season. Crafty little player, left footed, good even play with Cabaye and Tiote in a middle three IMO.

Without wanting to sound sarky or anything but how can he have been a big miss when he wasn't really there in the first place?

Need a win, performance probably needed as well to boost confidence but really it doesn't matter we just need a win.

Reading the forum since full-time yesterday, the board seems very downbeat. Maybe we're taking for granted our 'reasons to be cheerful' I'm not sure. Getting knocked out of the Cup has really knocked the stuffing out of our season. This one certainly seems to be petering out with a whimper.

For other teams who have underperformed, they really seem to be putting their foot on the throttle (Sunderland, Everton etc) as we hit the home straight of the season. We're in no immediate danger of going anywhere, up or down - and I think the results/performances reflect that. Even if is not immediate danger, if Liverpool/Everton/Sunderland/Fulham continue to eat up the ground on us - things could get hairy come May.

Really hope the Norwich game and a few others can restore some pride in our team for the fans in the remainder of the season.

Krul

Perch  Willo Colo

Santon    Tiote  Cabaye  Ferguson

HBA                Demba

Cisse

or

Krul

Santon  Willo  Colo  Ferguson

Guthrie Tiote Cabaye

HBA            Cisse          Ba

:bong: