Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Great stuff always had faith in the hospital that he'd make it and he has it looks like he has. Lucky to the max to have such instant and expert help available to him too. Unfortunately that luck wasn't there  for that killy player's dad, or my brother's best m8 when he collapsed playing astro :(.

Absolutely made up about this news tbh. Really was expecting the bad news at any moment on Saturday night, to have him speaking by Monday is absolutely amazing. The job the medical staff did on the pitch was just sensational.

God I hope he pulls through.

Apparently there was a Spurs fan at the game who is a cardiologist at the London Chest Hospital and ran onto the pitch.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/309080

been posted, apparently he wasnt allowed on to the pitch

Really? Not what we heard. Stewards allowed him on and he accompanied the guy to the hospital.

Edit: Apologies, read the thread now, print the legend I guess!

Great news. Him being an athlete and super fit might have helped him win this fight, that and the incredible efforts of the doctors.

Wouldn't surprise me if him being an athlete running around at full tilt for 90 minutes a week twice a week (plus training the other 5) helped trigger the whole thing, but at the same time being an athlete meant he could pull through like it looks like he is doing.

The human body is a funny thing at times.

Great news. Him being an athlete and super fit might have helped him win this fight, that and the incredible efforts of the doctors.

Wouldn't surprise me if him being an athlete running around at full tilt for 90 minutes a week twice a week (plus training the other 5) helped trigger the whole thing, but at the same time being an athlete meant he could pull through like it looks like he is doing.

The human body is a funny thing at times.

The fact he is a young athlete is one of the reasons he took bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrophic_cardiomyopathy

God I hope he pulls through.

Apparently there was a Spurs fan at the game who is a cardiologist at the London Chest Hospital and ran onto the pitch.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/309080

been posted, apparently he wasnt allowed on to the pitch

Really? Not what we heard. Stewards allowed him on and he accompanied the guy to the hospital.

Edit: Apologies, read the thread now, print the legend I guess!

Nah, seems like two different stories. Was going to post what MW said as well. But it seems like two different people, and that article actually has a picture of said fan on the pitch instructing them. Seems to be true.

Great news about his improving condition.  Pray it continues.

On a side point.....I'm surprised the southern press boys haven't played an angle that it was being in the same proximity to Harry Redknapp (aka the second coming) that save the lads life.