Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

Not out the woods by a long way yet.

Not at all. Unfortunately sometimes when a heart attack happens if the patient survives then they can often suffer from more hearts attacks not long afterwards. My nana actually died that way, she had more than one heart attack (3 in total I believe).

Not only that but they will have to find the reason why he had a heart attack and fix whatever the problem was.

It is good news that he is a stable condition though and by the sounds of it he is being treated by Dr's who are some of the very best Cardiologists.

If he's on a life support machine it's a very bad sign. Just spoken to a doctor who said they 'basically breathe for you, because you can't yourself' and 'people who are on them are as ill as you can possibly get'.

Thankfully we have some of the best medics in the world in England, so let's pray for a miracle.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just to echo what others have said really.

Praise to Tottenham and Bolton medical staff, as well as the on hand St. John's Ambulance team. For as much crap we give Howard Webb he did the right thing and acted in a hugely professional manner.

Think it would be a nice show of support from the world of football if many games tomorrow had a good chant for Muamba.

If he's on a life support machine it's a very bad sign. Just spoken to a doctor who said they 'basically breathe for you, because you can't yourself' and 'people who are on them are as ill as you can possibly get'.

Thankfully we have some of the best medics in the world in England, so let's pray for a miracle.

It's usually the case with severe heart attack victims who survive. Life support systems are used routinely in hospitals, yes it's as bad as it gets but a heck of a lot of people come off them and make full recoveries.

With heart attacks it's basically a case of just keeping the patient alive for as long as possible in order for the body to recover and/or the problem causing the heart attack to be dealt with, sometimes that means bypass surgery.

Obviously fantastic news that he's still alive but there must be a massive chance of severe brain damage after being out for so long.

it seems to be getting longer all the time thast the brain can go without oxygen and we don't know exactly when he started getting oxygen in again. can only hope.

Is it gael givet who apparently has a heart condition and if his heart rate goes above a certain point then he gets substituted immediately?  That happened this season i think?

Aye went off against Arsenal.

That's a medical condition though I think this was just an out of the blue thing a la Foe etc.

Had conversations in the past about this with Cath. I think there's enough oxygen in the blood that, as long as it's still being pumped around his body/brain, then you can just about cope without inhaling it. Obviously there's a limit to that but 'not breathing' for a shortish length of time can be feasible.

Just have to wait and see.  :undecided:

Obviously fantastic news that he's still alive but there must be a massive chance of severe brain damage after being out for so long.

Slightly off topic as him possibly suffering brain damage is just speculation. Anyway over the last month (I'm sure you all know what I'm on about) I have learnt that legally if the heart can be revived then that is classed as life and only when the chances of the heart recovering is it ok for a Dr to call it a day despite what injuries may happen to the brain.

it seems to be getting longer all the time thast the brain can go without oxygen and we don't know exactly when he started getting oxygen in again. can only hope.

It seems they started CPR on the pitch, though I didn't see it. Hopefully that coupled with the oxygen administered means they were able to ensure his brain was oxygenated.

Slightly off topic as him possibly suffering brain damage is just speculation. Anyway over the last month (I'm sure you all know what I'm on about) I have learnt that legally if the heart can be revived then that is classed as life and only when the chances of the heart recovering is it ok for a Dr to call it a day despite

what injuries may happen to the brain.

Comforting. :thup:

Slightly off topic as him possibly suffering brain damage is just speculation. Anyway over the last month (I'm sure you all know what I'm on about) I have learnt that legally if the heart can be revived then that is classed as life and only when the chances of the heart recovering is it ok for a Dr to call it a day despite

what injuries may happen to the brain.

Comforting. :thup:

Aye it's pretty shocking to think that legally medical professions have to presume your life even if it means you being a vegetable.

Nevemind I guess religious "All life is precious" nut jobs will take comfort out of that fact.