Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Despite the result, everyone seemed pretty deflated at the end.

Well the football on the pitch wasn't inspiring stuff :lol:

We're not football connoisseurs, nor do we pretend to be, but when we are served recycled urine we're not fuking happy about it, though we will consume it anyway.

Guest neesy111

Despite the result, everyone seemed pretty deflated at the end.

Well the football on the pitch wasn't inspiring stuff :lol:

We're not football connoisseurs, nor do we pretend to be, but when we are served recycled urine we're not fuking happy about it, though we will consume it anyway.

Great way of putting it.  I simply can't believe how bad it was 2nd half.

I actually think considering how Norwich have done this season it was a pretty good result, and personally I totally expected a performance like that. I don't mind the grittiness or the non-carpet football (provided we win), but what got my goat were all the stupid little mistakes. The dalliances in possession, the misplaced passes, falling over etc.

I'd love carpet football all game but sometimes a decent opposition stops you from doing it, as I think partially happened today.

Hard-working, morale-lifting and well-fought 3 points against a decent, industrious and praiseworthy mid-table side. I'll take that.

Clearly wasn't morale-lifting.

I meant in terms of getting our first win in 5 games. For me that lifts morale when compared to a draw/loss.

In terms of the squad yeah, I agree.  I was too focused on the fans when I read your post...

fwiw morale seemed pretty good prior to kick-off anyway.

Just watched the game after recording it. We were really poor in the last 70 minutes.

Midfield wasn't there as a unit, although Perch/Guthrie/Cabaye all played quite good individually. Perch was amazing, was flying around the pitch and pretty good in possession too. Ben Arfa worked his socks off and looked tired when substituted. Cisse's movement was greatand was unlucky not to score more.

Happy for 3 points.

Guest BooBoo

Krul 7- at least one top save.

Simpson- 6- did nowt wrong

Jonas-7-solid

Colo-6- steady away

Williamson-5- ropes but hardly helped by cretinous section of fans

Guthrie-5- patchy

Perch-8- best game for us by miles

Cabaye-5- usual nothingness

HBA- 6- fleeting glimpses

Ba-4-woeful

Cisse-6- terrific finish but....

Santon-6- decent

Gosling-5- usual feebleness

Shola-7- good in an unusual role

Guest neesy111

Krul 7- at least one top save.

Simpson- 6- did nowt wrong

Jonas-7-solid

Colo-6- steady away

Williamson-5- ropes but hardly helped by cretinous section of fans

Guthrie-5- patchy

Perch-8- best game for us by miles

Cabaye-5- usual nothingness

HBA- 6- fleeting glimpses

Ba-4-woeful

Cisse-6- terrific finish but....

Santon-6- decent

Gosling-5- usual feebleness

Shola-7- good in an unusual role

Probably go along with this.

It was a rubbish game, really frustrating to watch BUT the 3 points were the main thing, badly needed that

We started off playing well, passing it around, not many hoof balls BUT around the 20 min or so mark, I think it was when Williamson had that moment we just turned to shit

I was shocked Norwich did not play Holt up front with Morison, reckon he could have bullied Williamson in the form that he is in

Watching the highlights back, Cabaye had a very nice game, how anyone can say Guthrie was better is totally beyond me.

Highlights made us look a lot better than we were.

True, but he was involved in almost everything positive we did today. This idea that he did nothing is a myth.

Guest BooBoo

He was supposed to be playing out wide and simply refused to. It was a very undisciplined performance by him.

Tactics/Formation or whatever you want to call what that was, is the reason Norwich had far too much of this game for me.  Better players would have punished us.

We did start decent with it, but it didn't take long for Norwich to work out how we were setup and what they could win.