West Brom 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/25/12 - Post match reaction from page 46

Mike

Guest neesy111

On a side note, thought the ref was superb today. Let the game flow well and stayed in the background where he should be. Good work.

One of the few game today where I didn't notice him at all.  Sign of a good referee.

Btw, the formation and style of play was almost identical to what we played away at Fulham where we were fantastic first half.

Many said at the time trade in Cissé and Ba for Shola/Best in that formation would be dynamite.

Great 3 points. Fantastic first half. HBA, Cisse and Ba wonderful together. However, don't think I've ever been so nervous when 3-0 up, and when they scored .... really thought we were going to press the self-destruct button by sitting off them. Really annoyed when Colo was left on the pitch when he needed to come off, even more angry when HBA subbed AGAIN! I really didn't know what shape we had after that - I would have taken Cisse off (before injury), and put Ba up front with HBA playing off him, and a proper defensive midfielder, preferably Gosling on. But what the hey, we won.. great starting line-up, some negatives about the second half, but a very happy position to be in at the moment. Hope not signing a centre half in January doesn't bite us in the arse!

Great first half performance. OK in the second given the Colo injury and the early goal back for them. Obviously the fron three shone but I'd like to mention Jonas who played in a semi holding position to great effect allowing Cabaye to get forward.

Think the end of the season can't come soon enough for Ba - he's looking knackered and we haven't the squad to rotate. Hope he gets a goal soon to keep his spirits up.

Great first half performance. OK in the second given the Colo injury and the early goal back for them. Obviously the fron three shone but I'd like to mention Jonas who played in a semi holding position to great effect allowing Cabaye to get forward.

Think the end of the season can't come soon enough for Ba - he's looking knackered and we haven't the squad to rotate. Hope he gets a goal soon to keep his spirits up.

Ba's still playing well, just a lot deeper. He's paying on a personal level for being a great allround footballer and having another striker at the club.